Help setting up for a newbie.
Hey guys.

As the title says, im very new to XBMC. Im currently using Win 7 media center on my HTPC but getting rather bored/fed up with it and liked the look of XBMC.

I just have a few questions though. I've managed to get my movie library imported and added fan art/posters to it and all that. What im wondering is does XMBC support live tv? I currently have a TBS DVB-S2 High Definition Digital Satellite Tuner PCI Express Card HD in my HTPC which works fine in wmc7 (although HD channels dont work?). Another thing, at the moment, when ever i want to update my HTPC, i have to download media from my main pc and then transfer it all to my external HD which i then connect back up to my HTPC. Is there some way i can search for torrents in XBMC which will automatically be renamed, fetched meta data and added to my library whichout my having to exit XBMC?#

Apologies if this all sounds a bit obvious.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.
Hi!

I'm somewhat new to XBMC my self, so this Live-TV stuff I leave to someone else to answer.

But I might help you with this other question, because I've had the same thoughts my self. I'm about to build a new server-system so I've search around for a solution on this.
As (if!) I've understand this correct. You have to install XBMC on each computer. But the media-database can be stored on a server/computer if you use SQL. This means that you don't have to edit all pictures and stuff everytime you have to reinstall XBMC for some reason. you can Export your database to an SQL-base and log on on every PC you have in your system.

Take a look at this link:
http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...eedfetcher

I've not done this myself, yet. Because I want to build my servers first (one Unraid mediaserver, and one windows home server)
Don't use the lifehacker guide. It is outdated and it will not work. Use this one instead: MySQL (wiki).
I'm glad you told me this Ned! Thanx Smile
(2012-10-18, 19:48)toosimple97 Wrote: What im wondering is does XMBC support live tv? I currently have a TBS DVB-S2 High Definition Digital Satellite Tuner PCI Express Card HD in my HTPC which works fine in wmc7 (although HD channels dont work?).
Andy.
For LIve TV, you'll be better off with 7MCE. For me, I use 7MCE for recording HD OTA and watch Live HD OTA....I combined XBMC and 7MCE with this- "post #571".....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help setting up for a newbie.0