• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Apple Itunes Podcast Browser (video/audio plugin)
(2013-04-15, 05:22)TarHeelDan2001 Wrote: This addon is fantastic! Having a small issue with launching from a Home screen shortcut. Addon launches fine from the addon menu, but if I add a shortcut to the Home screen, I get "Scirpt failed! : addon.py"

Is this the same issue as the missing content_type error?

Debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12115

Yes, it is the content-type issue - but I fixed this in version 1.1.4 which is available in the add-on repository. Do you have auto update disabled and an update pending?

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I installed the addon for the first time from the repo on Saturday (4/13/2013) and auto update is enabled.

Edit: I confirmed last night that I am running version 1.1.4.
Hi,

Just installed the add-on, it's really great.

I'm new to XBMC though - is it possible to mark some podcasts as listened?

Thanks!
(2013-09-06, 20:28)tb87 Wrote: I'm new to XBMC though - is it possible to mark some podcasts as listened?

Podcast-Items/Episodes should be tracked automatically as watched. Did you mean Podcasts or Podcast Items?
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Well Both - I think! Maybe I wasn't clear in my previous message. What I'm wondering about is the ability to mark podcasts as listened in the plugin - as you mark as read items in any RSS reader. This way, I'm not going to question myself as to whether I listened or not to the podcasts that are shown in the plugin. Currently, it shows all podcasts it gets from the XML file, and I think it would be great to be able to hide some when you've listened to them.
My workflow is: I add Podcasts which I want to follow (e.g. TED Talks) to the "My Podcasts"-list using the context menu.

Then I go to "My Podcasts", see my favorites, choose one and see all items, some of them have the watched-sign, new ones don't. If you want to hide already watched, you can do so using "Hide watched" in the side-menu (in confluence).
However, you can only mark podcast episodes as watched (playback > 90% or forced using the "w" key).

Does that solve your usecase?
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Well I'm not sure I follow you. I right-clicked on one podcast folder, clicked "Add to favorites" but I don't understand how to access favorites on XBMC. I have some in Yatse, but they're not synced with those in XBMC it seems. Also, I don't see any "hide watched" option in my music library. I see that option for movies, but not for music. The "w" key doesn't seem to do anything neither.

I'm using Confluence too in library mode.
(2013-09-07, 12:57)tb87 Wrote: Well I'm not sure I follow you. I right-clicked on one podcast folder, clicked "Add to favorites" but I don't understand how to access favorites on XBMC. I have some in Yatse, but they're not synced with those in XBMC it seems. Also, I don't see any "hide watched" option in my music library. I see that option for movies, but not for music. The "w" key doesn't seem to do anything neither.

I'm using Confluence too in library mode.

I talk about "Add to My-Podcasts", not "Add to favorites"!
The "My Podcasts"-list is generated by the add-on (not XBMC) so it should also be available through YATSE.

Also, the sidemenu with "Hide watched" is only present in the video views, not music. This is by XBMC design.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-09-15, 12:57)sphere Wrote: Also, the sidemenu with "Hide watched" is only present in the video views, not music. This is by XBMC design.

This is exactly my problem :-(

I only listen to audio podcasts..

Thanks for your help though!

Alex
How do you skip chapters when playing a podcast? CBC radio podcasts have chapters for the songs in iTunes that i'd like to use in XBMC.
sorry, you cant (its limited by XBMC). In the video section you could use "play from here" in the context-menu but this entry (and function) is missing in the audio section.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Raspberry pi + openelec + xbmc frodo latest

I am attempting to load the page up for Dave and Chuck the Freak Podcast. It always crashes and reboots to xbmc home page!

Any help appreciated
nevermind, i limited it to 10 videos per page n no thumbnail images.... i guess it was too much for the raspberry pi to handle
Hey podcast skips to the next track every 10-15 mins,Help!
This addon have support?

The addon crashes with some feeds. I found that "Meripodcast" (spanish) can't be loaded and crashes Kodi (I tried Kodi in Ubuntu). I tried with other feeds and it works (or show the elements, the differents audio filies) but "Meripodcast" can't be displayed. I don't know if the problem is that this feed is very big (9 seasons with more than 40 podcast per season: 1 every monday, except holidays)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple Itunes Podcast Browser (video/audio plugin)4