• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Apple Itunes Podcast Browser (video/audio plugin)
Hi, 

I installed plugin.video.itunes_podcasts version 1.1.6
In the %appdata%\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.itunes_podcasts I see an icon.png, but I see no fanart.jpg. 
The skin we are using is mostly white which makes it hard to interact with the addon. 
I tried just putting a black fanart.jpg inside %appdata%\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.itunes_podcasts , but this doesn't change the background when the addon is loaded.

What can I do to make the black fanart.jpg that I inserted in the folder load?

Thanks,
Fab
For anyone wanting to use this addon with Kodi 18, you'll need to either patch xbmcswift2 (see here for changes), or install the unofficial update I've published: https://github.com/predakanga/xbmcswift2.../tag/2.4.1
Thank you, it was very helpful!
It works! Thank you.
(2018-04-21, 09:29)predakanga Wrote: For anyone wanting to use this addon with Kodi 18, you'll need to either patch xbmcswift2 (see here for changes), or install the unofficial update I've published: https://github.com/predakanga/xbmcswift2.../tag/2.4.1
Fixed the Bug like a charm - thank you very much.
Are you creating a pull request for the fix?

Two questions for the addon:

1) why is it called Apples ITunes Podcast? Is it limited to Apples library? That would explain why I cant find a few podcasts I use with my android podcast app.
2) is there any way to manually include (legal!) podcasts from other sources, e.g. podcast.de? For example I cant find this one in the app:
https://www.podcast.de/podcast/640152/

edit: For the mean time I found a cool way to add Podcasts to kodi (without addon):
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/add-podcas...ia-center/
Worked for me on this one!
(2018-04-21, 09:29)predakanga Wrote: For anyone wanting to use this addon with Kodi 18, you'll need to either patch xbmcswift2 (see here for changes), or install the unofficial update I've published: https://github.com/predakanga/xbmcswift2.../tag/2.4.1
 How do I install this? I installed the latest version of xbmcswift2 from like 5 years ago, but can't work out how to install your udpate? Can only see the github, not an install zip or anything and I'm pretty stupid with this sort of stuff.

Currently the Podcast Browser addon just looks. I click "Audio Addon" and it takes me back to Video or Audio Addons menu - and repeat...
(EDIT not working for me?)
Worked it out - I just downloaded the file from the github and pasted over the files in the Addons folder in my kodi files.
Install from zip on the downloaded zip should have worked
Is the plugin still working? On my Kodi 18 not working:-(
Did you try the link in #95?
I'm having a lot of issues opening certain podcasts with this add-on lately. Some have never worked, but some I know I have listened to a bunch of times before without any issue.
All of them seems to give the same error in the log file:

Code:
19:51:41.135 T:2500   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.itunes_podcasts\addon.py", line 305, in <module>
                                                plugin.notify(msg=_('network_error'))
                                              File "C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.xbmcswift2\lib\xbmcswift2\xbmcmixin.py", line 300, in notify
                                                (msg, title, delay, image))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:51:41.200 T:3036   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.itunes_podcasts/video/podcast/items/1208492513/
19:51:41.202 T:3036   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.itunes_podcasts/video/podcast/items/1208492513/) failed

It seems it's a certain character that it can't figure out. Anyone who can help me solve this?
I'd very much appreciate if someone was willing to give this a crack. Thanks'!
This is great, thanks! The only issue I'm having is the low-res image scaling in My Podcasts view.
(2018-10-11, 20:06)tofen Wrote: /.../

It seems it's a certain character that it can't figure out. Anyone who can help me solve this?
 Maybe this is what's causing problems with the podcasts I wanted to listen to as well. Sad Will upload log later, but it's the podcasts "Värvet" and "Varvet International" that spits out errors. Very frustrating.
(2018-11-17, 15:06)Naugas Wrote:
(2018-10-11, 20:06)tofen Wrote: /.../

Maybe this is what's causing problems with the podcasts I wanted to listen to as well. Sad Will upload log later, but it's the podcasts "Värvet" and "Varvet International" that spits out errors. Very frustrating.
Yes, it seems to be the "Ä/ä"-character it can't handle. It seems there's still no fix for it unfortunate.
Does anyone know of a way to have library integration with this add-on?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple Itunes Podcast Browser (video/audio plugin)4