NzbDrone...an Alternative to Sickbeard
Just wanted to share with the rest of the mass, that for those that do not know it exist, there is a program called nzbdrone that's similar to Sickbeard . Its an alternative for windows base machines only. Go check it out Smile

Im currently testing it out (SB is still running) by disactivating a few shows in SB and activating them in NzbDrone and so far the program works very well. Its pretty fast, Im not crazy about the UI (windows 8 scheme isnt my cup of tea) but its clean and clear. There are some little differences in the way its works compared to SB but all in all you get the same base functionality.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Got any pros/cons compared to sickbeard? As in, why should/would you use one vs the other?
At the moment im still testing (only been a day) Smile

If people use Torrents with SB then this isnt for them since there is no torrent support.

Same in both SB and Drone:
- initial setup time of the application.
- custom quality profiles
- multiple indexer support
- TheXem.de integration (coming in future build)(currently in SB anime version)
- Support is great on both products
- Supports Sab
- rename/move file based on TVDB
- xbmc notification
- mass edit section
- XBMC metadata support

Pros:
- Scanning library into the program is a lot faster then SB (if Thetvdb.com isnt being slow)
- Search for new episode is very quick also
- Snappier WebGui
- Clearer Log file (colored messages)
- History section shows clear information into why files are not downloaded or not found during manual search (this is separate from actual log area)
- Not sure if everyone finds this as a pro but i do, the client app reports errors back to a support server on the Devs side so this can allow them to fix certain issues before people report them or miss them.
- small popup box at bottom of window to let you know when it starts updating RSS feeds and tv show information.

Cons:
- the current way it handles your already downloaded data to not upgrade to better quality. SB has an archive setting that is separate from the profile you set for snatching. Drone uses a what they call "cutoff " method (check there forum for details) combined with a set air date option that can be confusing at first went your use to SB method.
- No real anime support...but its in the pipeline

Overall i think its a solid product and has a bright future Smile..some healthy competition for SB Wink

any screenshots?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18

I've been using it for several months now and the biggest benefit I see is the speed over SB. Just for the amount of time it takes to load a show, I would not switch back.

There are a few goofy things (archive cutoffs and such that have been mostly fixed), but otherwise it seems to do a much better job than SB in terms of snatching and reliability. The devs also seem to maintain a TVDB->Scene conversion system that allows things that don't mesh to still be found.

Markus, I believe the main dev, is also very responsive and friendly. He'll usually have something into the dev build within a day of submitting.

The UI can be a bit clunky, but the added usability over SB is phenomenal. One of the best features is the search history that allows you to manually select a release that may have been outside of the search (due to quality/naming issues/etc.)
i know this program very well i am one of the forum mods

and a beta tester i am sure you will see plenty of my posts for feature suggestions and trouble-shooting on their forum it is an excellent product and markus101 is very quick to respond to questions and if it can be done and makes sense to be done features that are request will be added

i have no intention of going back to sickbeard it is a great program but i believe nzbdrone is better IMHO

(2012-10-19, 23:00)saitoh183 Wrote: Image

you prob want to change your apikey's now for those listed sites.
you forgot that nzbdrone only works on windows (and requires full .net 4 framework installed). while sickbeard will work on any os that can run python 2.x (then there is also the compiled osx app/win exe).
if you have used sickbeard (b497 / master ~2 months ago) we switched over to getting zips (instead of xml) from tvdb its made things much quicker. (adding the daily show went from ~20 mins to ~1 min as the worst case scenario)

Lol.. Yeah I will

To be completely honest I don't see any reason to switch from SB to this...
(2012-10-28, 16:33)taalas Wrote: To be completely honest I don't see any reason to switch from SB to this...

Never said you should or have to either. Its just good to let the community know there is another option out there for window users.

(2012-10-28, 00:35)thezoggy Wrote: you forgot that nzbdrone only works on windows (and requires full .net 4 framework installed). while sickbeard will work on any os that can run python 2.x (then there is also the compiled osx app/win exe).
if you have used sickbeard (b497 / master ~2 months ago) we switched over to getting zips (instead of xml) from tvdb its made things much quicker. (adding the daily show went from ~20 mins to ~1 min as the worst case scenario)

Yes, at the moment, its Windows only, but support for systems running mono is in the backlog. As a comparison it takes about 20 seconds to load The Daily Show from TheTVDB as zip is also used. Glad to see those times in SB dropping, that was one of the biggest reasons for NzbDrone being created.
XBMC-Livingroom:
Zotac IONITX-A|4GB RAM|20GB 2.5" HDD|Windows 7 Ulitmate|Video/Audio: HDMI to 1080P Samsung LNT4669
XBMC-Bedroom:
HP A1420N|1GB RAM|200GB HDD|Windows 7 Ultimate|Radeon 24000HD|Video: DVI to HDMI on Samsung 720P TV|Audio: Over Analog to TV
Can it use XBMC JSON-API for library updates? (pass a path to a show with VideoLibrary.Scan)
(2012-10-30, 18:39)live4ever Wrote: Can it use XBMC JSON-API for library updates? (pass a path to a show with VideoLibrary.Scan)

yes it does

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NzbDrone...an Alternative to Sickbeard1