Powering off / on my Receiver break XBMC video playback
This happen while watching LiveTV but I also tested and the same happen when watching a movie.

If liveTV/Movie is playing, and I power off my AVR ( connected to the PC via HDMI ), when I turn the AVR back on, the liveTV/Movie has no sound and the image is VERY choppy, like it's playing 1 frame per seconds, if I pause, play, try to fastforward or anything the video always resume in the same slow motion/choppy video.

I cannot change channel either, it keep playing the choppy video source.

The only way I found to recover is to quit the LiveTV ( stop it ) or stop the movie, then if I go back in in LiveTV mode and choose a channel it works properly again.

Some more info:

Latest Frodo nightly, Running on Windows 8 on a Nvidia GT 460, with latest Nvidia drivers.
The AVR is a Harman Kardon AVR354

I suspect XBMC has issue getting back in sync, is there anything I can do to fix this issue? It's not really a big deal for movies, however for LiveTV i often power off my setup while leaving the PVR running (playing TV), everytime I turn the TV back on I need to stop the video and start the channel that was playing again.

Thanks!
Bump Smile
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why you would power off your AVR when playing video content.
Since Live tv support I'm not the only one using xbmc. My kids wife etc.

Also sleep doesnt work well on my mediapc, most time it gets stuck on bios on resume (blame asus).. so i cant shut it down at the same time as all other device on my remote.

Secondly currently my daugther's fun is to push the off button on my avr.

All stuff that made the problem appear..

Anyway if there is no known fix I'll learn to live with it.
Hi There!
I am running Windows Vista with the last September Nightly build (9/30) of XBMC, and everything was working flawlessly, until my power went out while watching a video on the unit. Since then, there has been no audio within XBMC, and the video playback is extremely slow and choppy. I tried un/reinstalling the video card driver (ATI HD Radeon 4600) software, un/reinstalling XBMC, and a few others.. to no avail. Also, everything else seems to be working just fine within Vista; VLC, VMC, etc.

So I created a debug log by following here:
(2012-03-28, 11:32)jhsrennie Wrote: Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Now try and play something, and when it locks up kill XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
(tried to play local "Robin Williams - Weapons of Self Destruction (2009).avi" video.)

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/Nedmefet

Thanks to whomever might have time to take a look! Huh

Rick

- - - - - - -
many hours later in the day...

Figured it out and do I feel stupid.. I was looking at the video setting in XBMC and EDID settings on v. card, etc.
It was just that the audio output had been switched (from power outage) in XBMC to a non-functioning source device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Powering off / on my Receiver break XBMC video playback0