[SOLVED]Mysql and Eden (Tearing my hair out)
I absolutely can not get Eden to work with Mysql.

I've been using Dharma with Mysql forever and it has been perfect, until today when I decided to upgrade to Eden.

I've been at this for hours and am about to smash something.

I've read through the mysql setup guide, and i've been searching for answers for hours but still can not get it to work.

I'm completely starting from scratch, Dharma has been uninstalled and Eden installed fresh, Mysql has been
reinstalled ready to start fresh.

I have a mysql database running on an Unraid server (with full access given to a user called "root" with password "login"), I have installed Eden, and edited advancedsettings.xml to point it to the database.

Xbmc appears to be able to access the database as after starting the first time after adding advancedsettings.xml there is a lag at the splash screen, I can hear the disk in my server being accessed and when looking at the Mysql folder on the server I can see it has created MyVideos60.db and MyMusic18.db folders on the server.

Now, I run XBMC, select add source, browse to the smb share, set the scraper etc
but when I hit ok Xbmc hangs on "cleaning database - This may take a while" I have to open task manager and kill it.

When ever I try attempt to add a source as soon as it gets to the point where it should scan into the db it hangs.

I have even tried a fresh xbmc install, and let it scan the entire db locally, then exported it, added advancedsettings.xml and tried to import into Xbmc (as the guide says to do), but the same thing happens, xbmc just hangs as soon as its time to scan into the library (no dialog box or anything this time, just hangs as soon as I hit import).

I just can not see why it will not scan anything into the mysql db. Has anyone got any idea why this thing will not work?

Here is a debug log, xbmc was started and then I attempted to import the library I had initially scanned locally, xbmc hung and had to be closed with task manager.

http://pastebin.com/VzBwkLJS

It may be a permission problem on the UnRaid server itself and not MySQL or XBMC. Make sure the MySQL folders in UnRaid have the correct permissions set. If you are using one of the 5.0 RCs just go the Utils screen and select New Permissions and let it run and see if that helps. You may be able to get more help from the UnRaid forums. I have just started using UnRaid for my setup and have similar problems when I try to edit files and folders on the UnRaid server directly from windows.
I had the same thing.... Followed the "upgrade" guides but there were issues all over the place. It took me a week of troubleshooting and eventually I started completely from scratch (though I have NFO files in all movie and TV folders but my music library is back to plain).

Your error log looks like it cannot create the tables to store the data (i'm no expert) but I am pretty sure I had to manually create the tables myself THEN xbmc was able to upgrade them and load all the data into them.

I hate upgrading this stuff which is why I only ever do it every few years and normally that is only when all the plugins are broken and unsupported. If you have a multi-seat installation it's always a pain in the ass.
We'll you are all going to think I am a complete moron when you hear what was wrong.

The disk that the Mysql db was being created on had only a few hundred KB of space left.

So Xbmc was able to create the database folders (which is what I was seeing on the server) but then ran out of space when actually scanning data into the db, and this caused it to hang (an error message or something would have been nice though). I guess when I deleted the old Mysql db it freed up some space on the drive and the unraid mover script decided to put a tv show there in it's place.

It was actually block134 that ended up pointing me in the right direction, It was when I was upgrading to Unraid 5.0 that I noticed the disk was full. So thanks for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED]Mysql and Eden (Tearing my hair out)0