Issue after using Media Companion
Sorry if this is asked in an earlier post, but i couldn't find anything that could help me with my issue.

I'm using XBMC on a AppleTV2 and a windowslaptop and had my movielibrary build on a external NAS.
Some movies couldnt be found with any scrapers, so yesterday i found Media Companion.
I wanted to try this for a part of my movies, but i wasnt satisfied with the result.
So i deleted the path i gave in Media Companion and deleted all the build .nfo etc files that MC created in that specified folder.

Now the issue is that XBMC on my appletv cant see the movie information anymore.

My mainmachine is the XBMC on the laptop, here i scrape all my movies and it worked correct on all folders.
But now the apple tv doesnt seem working anymore on the folder i used to try out MC.

On the laptop all movieinfo is correct by default. but on the appletv it doesnt let me show any information.
Also it doesnt rename my movies. For example.
Movie on folder named: Avatar.720P.avi.
Normally in library the movie was seen as Avatar and had all the info.
Now is doesnt.
All i see is Avatar.720P.avi, the fanart and coverimages, but no information.

I tried the following things.
- deleting the path in xbmc and added it again.
- deleting all nfo files
- renamed the original map
- let appletv xmbc scrape the movie
- tried a different folder on the same hdd

Adding a new movie and scrape it on my laptop works fine.
On the laptop all info what i want is to be seen.
But on the appletv it only shows the images, but no info and no rename of the movie.

Hope you understand my problem, cause im dutch and not sure to make it more clearly.

At this point im so frustrated and dont want to delete all my movie info for all movies. Cause it took me about 2 weeks to let everyting work as it was now. Have about 3 HDD drives containing movies and series.
But the problem is only on the path of 1 of my HDD's that i tried for Media Companion.

Just one suggestion.

On the AppleTV2, clean the library database. On the Laptop, export the movies. This will create nfo, thumbs fanart beside all the movies.

On the AppleTV2, set the content on the movies to 'NONE, and if/when asked, remove from library. Once this is done, set back to movies and rescan.

I hope this helps.

BTW, what issues were you having with MC? Was it the language not being scraped correctly? ie, english fanart, plot etc?

Hope this helps.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Thnx vbat for the answer.
Glad to say that i fixed the issue tonight.
I found more folders where my SqL server store all info.
All i did was deleting all .tbn files that were made yesterday.
This fixed the issue.
Unfortunatly i had to scrape all my movies on that path again.
With the issue that i cant find the correct info for all the dutch kids movies.

Why i stopped with MC is because it becan to scrape all the movies on that path.
Even the once that allready were correct.
What started my issue.
If only i could select the only movies i want to build manually and not to have MC scrape
the entire path with all my movies.
Glad you were able to sort it out.

Yes, there are teething issues with video's in diff languages that hopefully will be sorted soon.

As for your hope to scrape only one or selected movies, I tend to have a Temp folder where I add in new movies and allow MC to scrape only that folder. Once the movie info is correct, posters and fanart etc, then I cut the movie/'s back into the main movie folder.

Sounds complicated, but this ensures your only working on the new movies, you get the info you want, and makes MC quicker as it's not scanning already scraped movies.

Anyway, good luck, hope you'll try MC again one day.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue after using Media Companion0