XVID8192avi XBMC wont detect?
Ok so Ive got a problem and I'm not sure the deal is. Ive got Sickbeard running no problems, same as SAb and coach potato. Couchpotato downloaded everything fine but in xbmc the folder title of movie is there but it is just empty except or trailer in .mov format. If I go into the actual desktop location everything is there but the file is in a format called XVID8192avi? Does this format not play with xbmc?
There's seems a "dot" missing XVID8192.avi

done, should play unless it corrupted file.

uNi
.XVID8192avi is the file type but it is not being loaded into the xbmc folder. only files beinging loaded are the .mov trailers from the folder. Any ideas if there is a setting problem with xbmc or sab or couchpotato? I can go into the folder on desktop and open the video with windows media player, so I know the download worked, but I cant figure out why it isnt being loaded into the xmbc.
Ive also tried adding the folder source manually and xbmc will still only load the folder with the .mov file and not the actual movie or fanart etc.
There is no script in SAB when movie downloads is this normal? It shows a script for tv shows, and then underneath processing etc. But for the movies nothing so maybe this is an issue? Man its frustrating because I have everything working great except for the movies in xbmc.
Completed 2012-10-25 07:59:04
Name The Day 2011 720p BDRip XviD AC3 MAJESTiC.cp(tt1756799)
Size 2.4 GB
Status Completed
Category movies
Path D:\Library\Downloads\Complete\movies\The Day (2011)
Download Downloaded in 12 minutes 3 seconds at an average of 3.4 MB/s
Source The Day 2011 720p BDRip XviD AC3 MAJESTiC.cp(tt1756799).nzb
Unpack [The.Day.2011.720p.BDRip.XviD.AC3-MAJESTiC] Unpacked 1 files/folders in 53 seconds
Repair [The.Day.2011.720p.BDRip.XviD.AC3-MAJESTiC] Quick Check OK
(2012-10-25, 16:59)Palmer Wrote: .XVID8192avi is the file type but it is not being loaded into the xbmc folder. only files beinging loaded are the .mov trailers from the folder. Any ideas if there is a setting problem with xbmc or sab or couchpotato? I can go into the folder on desktop and open the video with windows media player, so I know the download worked, but I cant figure out why it isnt being loaded into the xmbc.
Ive also tried adding the folder source manually and xbmc will still only load the folder with the .mov file and not the actual movie or fanart etc.

There is no such filetype, You can name extension of a .avi and others to .whatever you want and it will play in xbmc and other players because they look at the file headers for file type.

Read this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ensions.3E

Anyway the problem is probably not filetype (if you added it to xbmc as per link above), its probably naming conventions for the movie or video. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...es/TV_show

uNi

Thanks for the reply. Maybe there is a problem with couch potato renaming the file and then xbmc not reckognizing the renamed file extension. I'll try turning changing around some settings to see what happens with renaming. I'll manually rename the file and see if xbmc will recognize it then also.
I still have no idea what is going on. Under properties of the movie file type is says it is XVID8192AVI File (.XVID8192avi). So the file type must be real because its labelled as such and it does play on windows media player, just not xbmc. No idea whats wrong
Sure sounds like it's because the file has an extension of XVID8192AVI, as uNiversal has already said, rename the extension to just avi. Try browsing to it using the file manager in XBMC and see what xbmc is seeing it as. Another thought, what OS is your XBMC system on? Unix based OS systems consider a file name beginning with a period to be a hidden file (does the filename begin with a period?) there is a setting within XBMC to display hidden files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XVID8192avi XBMC wont detect?0