Movies Not Showing On Menu or Under 'Videos'
Hello,

I just installed XBMC on a Raspberry Pi using RaspBMC. I then listed my NAS as a source to test how well the Raspberry Pi would work/play my videos. Everything was great. So I deleted the source, and added my SQL database to the advancedsettings.xml like I have for my other two HTPCs.

I know XBMC is getting library data from the SQL server because my "TV shows" menu item is now displaying. However, it is not displaying my "Movies" menu item. It should be on the main screen, and under "Videos"; it is not.

I deleted the sources.xml, advancedsettings.xml, profiles.xml and guisettings.xml to see if XBMC would rebuild these files and reestablish the menu Movies menu item. After reboot the menu is the same.

Is there anywhere else I can look to see why XBMC is not displaying my "Movies" menu?

Thanks!
Just so you know, using an XBMC v12 alpha (which all Raspberry Pi distros use) will break syncing with XBMC v11 stable. That being said, you should still be seeing both "movies" and "tv shows" because XBMC v12 should have made a copy of the database for the newer version (basically, all XBMC's will work, but v11 and v12 won't talk to each other. All versions have to be the same for them to sync any changes from that point on).

So it sounds like a problem happened when the v12alpha tried to make its own copy and upgrade it.

However, before I recommend anything, I just want to make sure my assumption is correct and that your other XBMC installs are v11?
Yes, all other XBMC installs are v11.

Just so I am clear; when I configured the SQL database on the RaspBMC distro the v12alpha installation should have verified the database version level, saw that it was too low, created a new database, and copied the data into the new database?

I will search with this new information for a resolution. Thank you.

What would be your recommendation for a household that would like to run both XBMC stable and RaspBMC?
O.k. Downloaded and installed a v12alpha nightly for Windows. Added the network file share as a source and the library worked as expected on my Win7 machine. Then I exported the Library, deleted the source, connected to the MySQL backend, and imported the library.

Now the library is working again on the Pi and on my upgraded Win machine. I will still need to upgrade my other machines, but that is no big deal. Of greater consequence is that I no longer have sound in XBMC on my Win7 box. Back to troubleshooting! Yeah!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies Not Showing On Menu or Under 'Videos'0