Can a xbmc override the adapter?
So I have 2 xbmc machines while running TVheadend on my ubuntu server that has only 1 adapter at this time. But if I was too leave 1 machine left on a tv channel then goto another room then try to change channel on another xbmc machine, it wont allow me. Is there a way for the xbmc to change channel to take priority and override the last channel from the other xbmc? Or do I have to always press stop etc on 1 machine then select channel each time i change rooms?

Also is there a guide for livetv for remote.xml? just so i can map buttons while its in live tv mode and also have a global button to go straight too live tv (if this cant be answered I will try in another thread)
I think the short answer is no, at the moment there is no way to do this. From XBMC/TVH's point of view who's to say someone isn't watching the other feed?

This would need to be an explicit user operation, i.e. "sorry sir cannot do that tuner in operation", to which you reply (via some dialog option) "tell'em to sod off, I want to watch TV too!".

You'd need to bug dushmaniac about this though.

Adam
Cheers for the info, It would be good to have an option for it though. Its a pain to have to remember to stop play in 1 room then start in another let alone walking back and forward in case I forget etc.... Although this wont be an issue when i get another tuner down the road, i just thought there may have been a setting too allow this, either from tvheadend or xbmc...
This is exactly the type of thing we need to to be honest. My kids have the sat card shared throughout the home and they are forever leaving it on a channel and going out for the day. Then we have to hunt down the rogue XBMC and close down the feed to watch TV in the front room.

We will be investing in a dual tuner soon but the way i see things is this will just mean that if they leave two sets on the hunt will take longer LOL. A priority or, better still priority AND being able to split the tuners to a single install (i could allocate one tuner to them, one to us) would be fantastic.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can a xbmc override the adapter?0