High CPU/memory usage and sloooow
For the last week i've had problems with XBMC. And as usual i didn't change anything, atleast what i can remember. Trying to figure out what i have done? If i have done something?

But my problem is that XBMC has been very slow, takes forever to start and to end, and today i also found out that it is unable to switch profile. Takes like 30-40 second of disc activity and then goes back to the last used profile, i only have two.

But in general XBMC takes about 80-90% of my memory, i have 2GB, and many times is over 100% och CPU usage, i have a Core2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz, and it has been running smooth before. Using the Neon skin and haven't noticed that it should be slow before. So something must be wrong.

How can i find out what is wrong? I'm building from source and maybe there is something that could trig this behavior and i'll just have to wait until it gets fixed?

Is there nothing i could do to try to find the problem? Not being able to change profiles will be a problem. And since i have put down some time i don't want to delete it to start all over.
maybe you should read the faq and discover that we can't do anything without seeing xbmc.log
Yes that was my next question =) Is there a guide or something on steps i should take and information i should supply to increase my chances to get help.
I did understand that the xbmc.log should be a part of the equation. I have looked at it myself and don't see any obvious error so i thought maybe i needed a higher debug level or something. But maybe a trained eye will see something in the ordinary xbmc.log. I will supply that when i get home.
Troubleshooting (wiki)
Log file (wiki)
HOW-TO:Submit a bug report (wiki)
Sorry for the noise. It seems there were a lot going on in the background. Now when i started XBMC it produced a 2.3M log file only trying to start and select a profile. Also the fact that in some way the skin i was using for profile 2 had been changed to the same as profile 1 confused me.
Second time i started i got a 127k logfile and XBMC was a lot faster using less memory.

On the other hand i got other problems, but i'll start a new thread for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU/memory usage and sloooow0