Is it possible to change a movies format without a rescan?
Since updating to Eden, I am have the beeping issue while watching VIDEO_TS movies. I have read that others are have this same issue thread about it here and that with Frodo nearing release, it won't be fixed.

This issue doesn't seem to occur with avi and mkv formats, so I thought I would switch my movies into the mkv containers.

I would like to retain all my movie info, artwork and watched status, and just change the movie format. Is this possible? Is there a way to do this without have to remove the VIDEO_TS movie and rescanning the New MKV movie?
Not sure about that at all (perhaps test with a file or two, if it gets duplicated your reply is no)

You could upgrade to use pre frodo from xvba ppa, Its better and more stable than EDEN.

Or if your a stable stickler, wait! Wink

uNi
(2012-10-23, 20:04)uNiversal Wrote: .....You could upgrade to use pre frodo from xvba ppa, Its better and more stable than EDEN.

Or if your a stable stickler, wait! Wink

uNi

Thanks for the info

Right now I am using XBMCbuntu. I have used nightlys for Windows XBMC, but thats it. Can you point me in the proper direction for this?

Also, do you know which video database pre frodo is, I am using Eden in mysql shared database now, believe that is 60 or 67, at work can't double check right now to comfirm

Its 69 wink wink; but I believe it imports from the old DB version (it did with me from 68 to 69 keeping 68 as in folder) Idk about mysql shared stuff, Im afraid. Sad

The ppa you can try is https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/xbmc-xvba

Code:
sudo apt-get install install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade -u

I think that's it, Big Grin

About the mysql you could ask in freenode irc #xbmc-linux it probably be faster?

lemme know how it goes.

uNi
Well there doesn't appear to be a way to switch a movies format and not have XBMC think that it is just a new movie and think that the original doesn't exist and ask to delete from the library. I could make changes directly to the database, but I think that it would be too easy to muddle things up there. Not sure how many things would have to be changed for it to work. Anyone know a way to do this?

Need to hold off on doing anything Frodo at the moment, just don't have enough time to get all 4 boxes set up for this right now with my shared mysql and such. Maybe soon, will keep looking at it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to change a movies format without a rescan?0