• 20(current)
Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics
(2013-10-15, 20:01)purduephotog Wrote: I just decommissioned a machine and reclaimed this motherboard - in hopes of making an HTPC.

I installed Frodo 12.2 on it... but it will not start.

Any suggestions? I'll get the install logo just fine, run through the installer, reboot, get the XBMC logo- then RIGHT after the logo disappears (and the mouse becomes active) it freezes. Soft-reset doesn't work, and a hard reset is needed.

I had an earlier install of 12.0 on the machine and it froze at the initializing display; but that might have been the intel-amd release instead of the intel-nvidia.

Thanks much

8gb ram, 32gb SSD (or 120gb WD), all defaults...

Well, I got it to work... but I could NOT install any version of 12.0. I couldn't install 12.0 and update- I had to go clear back to 11.0, boot into XBMC, exit, goto the package manager, do a refresh and install all upgradeable packages... and then reboot... and it worked.

-I think Wink Some really poor video playing, but at least it's not hanging anymore.
In Windows you need to launch an external player that can use GPU acceleration or use OpenELEC.
Will the celeron 847/1007 decode sound to be used with z-5500 speakers over spdif?? Looking for something better than my raspberry pi.
(2014-01-19, 14:31)wuffer Wrote: Will the celeron 847/1007 decode sound to be used with z-5500 speakers over spdif?? Looking for something better than my raspberry pi.
I have a 1007 based board with openelec; no problems at all with decoding. I did also upgrade from the pi; you will love it!
Also came from the pi to the 847 its a different league still keep the pi though
So overall this seems like a good budget pick if one's going with OpenElec, right?

Does this handle bitstream audio?

And can it handle 4k video? Or ripped 1080p bluray (assuming mkv, h.264)?
Bitstream yes... not sure on 4k. Plays any and all 1080p content... even the bird scene from BBC Planet Earth.
(2014-03-21, 20:55)plupien79 Wrote: Bitstream yes... not sure on 4k. Plays any and all 1080p content... even the bird scene from BBC Planet Earth.

Thanks! And I assume menus don't feel sluggish like they do on the PI, even with custom skins?
Aeon Nox will kick the fan on high, but its quite snappy.
For sale pelricke you can get the 1037u its 1.8ghz
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini-ITX motherboard with Sandy Bridge mobile Celeron 847 and Intel HD Graphics1