Tvheadend 3.2
@Prof Yaffle:

I would love to see a TVHeadend port for android. Shouldn't the drivers for android be the normal linux drivers? At least some people where able to run standard DVB-Sticks on Android tablets with those drivers.
In a few days I'll receive a chinese Android TV Box with built in DVB-T and the Amlogic chipset from the Xios (Hardware Encoding! Rofl).
I guess I'll have to switch between XBMC and the native TV app, which is not very convenient. With a working Tvheadend on Android I could also integrate live TV in XBMC...

As there are more and more Android set top boxes with built in DVB-T/S/C coming, wouldn't it be nice to have a port?
I'm not very deep into this yet, but why is it so much harder to port it to Android than to the Raspberry?

My comment was partly based on the idea of some frankenphone, an Android handset or tablet with USB connections sticking out all over it for the tuners. It does make more sense now that proper Android-based (stationary) boxes are coming to market. That said, USB tuner support can be problematic even on mainstream 'buntu machines (e.g. incomplete support for a tuner until kernel 3.5 when you're on 3.0, or having to compile stuff yourself for TBS tuners).

As for the port, I can still imagine that it's no trivial matter to move anything from Linux to Android. While it's true to say that Android is Linux-based, that doesn't mean that it's a full distribution. Jellybean took the kernel up to 3.0.x (I think Gingerbread was 2.6.something?), but what actually comes compiled into that kernel I'd have to defer to much more knowledgeable types.

And you can still integrate live TV into XBMC on Android - you just need a separate backend.

All opnion only, though. I'd love for XBMC to dominate the HTPC world in all ways, so I'm by no means knocking the concept - and it'd make an amazing add-on to even the dumbest of TVs if you could have tvheadend and XBMC integrated with DVB-T on a single USB stick. Maybe someone needs to start touting around on alibaba to see if anyone's interested ... :-)
Yeah, I wouldn't like a frankenphone either, but in an android dvb-t box it makes sense. And of course I already have the fitting drivers in there, so I don't really have to care about the kernel that much.
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DV...#Firmwares
Most of those drivers for external DVB devices have successfully been tested under android, so I can't see a big problem there.
Root access shouldn't be a problem either, for most of the people here.

Can anyone with more experience tell me, if this could help to install TVHeadend on an android device?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...tall&hl=de
It even has the possibility to choose the Raspbian distribution on which TVHeadend already works (At least on the Raspberry itself).
Or is this just a naive noob idea? Big Grin

EDIT: I just managed to run TVHeadend on my Samsung Galaxy SII for experimental reasons. It IS possible! Of course there is no tuner to be found, but it runs and I a have access to the webinterface.
I did this by running an additional Debian Linux parallel to Android and compiling the sources for it.
https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/proj...i/Building
I had to cut the timeshifting features, because they wouldn't let me compile and had to add python to the Debian Sqeeze, which is being installed by the Linux Installer app but everything else, worked quite well. At first I tried it with the Raspbian but without success.
hi all, can anyone tell me what I need to put in the "original network id" box please? Without that I am not getting any services or the option to click "Map DVB services to channels"
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
It's set to 0 on all three of my adapters. What do you mean not getting any services? Have you set up the muxes?

If you've real problems, you probably want to pop over to the tvheadend forums and see what folks can do over there: www.lonelycoder.com and follow your nose.
Its 0 on mine but nothing appears in the network column of multiplexes and I have nothing at all in services. Tvhforum ivposted in but its quiet Sad
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
Hi all,

Any news here? I bought a dualcore dvb-s2 box,running Android 4.2.
It would be very nice if i could install a pvr backend and use XBMC for liveTV.
I was searching around the web, but it seems You are the only guys who are working on a Tv backend for android.

(2013-02-01, 19:51)Der Dave Wrote: Yeah, I wouldn't like a frankenphone either, but in an android dvb-t box it makes sense. And of course I already have the fitting drivers in there, so I don't really have to care about the kernel that much.
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DV...#Firmwares
Most of those drivers for external DVB devices have successfully been tested under android, so I can't see a big problem there.
Root access shouldn't be a problem either, for most of the people here.

Can anyone with more experience tell me, if this could help to install TVHeadend on an android device?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...tall&hl=de
It even has the possibility to choose the Raspbian distribution on which TVHeadend already works (At least on the Raspberry itself).
Or is this just a naive noob idea? Big Grin

EDIT: I just managed to run TVHeadend on my Samsung Galaxy SII for experimental reasons. It IS possible! Of course there is no tuner to be found, but it runs and I a have access to the webinterface.
I did this by running an additional Debian Linux parallel to Android and compiling the sources for it.
https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/proj...i/Building
I had to cut the timeshifting features, because they wouldn't let me compile and had to add python to the Debian Sqeeze, which is being installed by the Linux Installer app but everything else, worked quite well. At first I tried it with the Raspbian but without success.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend 3.20