Radio station from Favourites does not start
Hello. I am trying to play a "favourited" radio station, and it does not work. When going through music>addons>etc the radio station plays just fine. Could anyone help me with it as I am quite new to XBMC. The log is here http://pastebin.com/PtBCH2mW Thanks!
Thanks for posting your debug log... it really helped me identify the add-on and station you were trying to play and I was able to reproduce your scenario.

I think the problem is that the add-on needs to play within a window (which allows you to select genre, country, stations, etc.). The favourite uses PlayMedia to play the station:
Code:
17:04:50 T:4656   ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://plugin.audio.listenliveeu/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fradio.m-1.fm%2Fm1%2Fmp3.m3u&mode=2&name=M-1+%7C+Vilnius+%7C+Pop+%7C+128+Kbps
and, for me, it only played about 1 second of music and then it quit.

However, if I change the statement in favourites.xml for this station so that the add-in is launched within a music window, then it works.
  1. Locate your favourites.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki) directory.
  2. Open the file with a text editor and locat the statement that pertains to your radio station. It should like something like this:
    Code:
    <favourite name="M-1 | Vilnius | Pop | 128 Kbps">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.audio.listenliveeu/ ... 128+Kbps&quot;)</favourite>
  3. Replace PlayMedia(&quot; with ActivateWindow(Music, and remove the &quot; near the end of the statement. The modified statement should look something like this:
    Code:
    <favourite name="M-1 | Vilnius | Pop | 128 Kbps">ActivateWindow(Music,plugin://plugin.audio.listenliveeu/ ... 128+Kbps)</favourite>
  4. Save the file, restart XBMC and select the favourite. After a few seconds, a window will be opened and the station should play.
Thumbs Up 
that worked like a threat!

thank you
(2012-11-03, 00:24)redbarn Wrote: that worked like a threat!

thank you

You're welcome! And welcome to the XBMC forums.

(As an aside, I'm wondering if this also worked for the OP because he/she hasn't reported back.)
Windows 7 32-bit, Eden 11.0

I had this problem, too. I tried the favourites.xml fix. It DID fix the problem in that the radio station began streaming, but...

- In the Transparency skin, the new window didn't appear. Once the stream started playing XBMC locked up tight. The Windows message in Task Manager said "Not Responding" and I had to stop the task to shut down XBMC.

- In the Neon and Metropolis skins the new window opened up with no info other than the two dots at the top of a blank list, which were unresponsive. I could press Tab and get the now playing info and back again, but otherwise both those skins were unresponsive. Once again I had to use Task Manager to close XBMC.

I'm not familiar enough with the Confluence skin to find how to get the Favourites list.

I can go to the various skins forums, but since it affected these three skins negatively, I suspect something else is going on.

Has anyone else experienced this?

(2012-11-03, 08:32)hurricane51 Wrote: I'm not familiar enough with the Confluence skin to find how to get the Favourites list.
Your favourites.xml is in the same place (your userdata (wiki) directory), regardless of which skin you're using. Just as an FYI, I use Confluence. Post the contents of your favourites.xml file here.

Quote:I suspect something else is going on.
Does the station play via the add-on? (I'm assuming you're using an add-on as the OP did, since you didn't indicate otherwise)
Without a debug log (wiki) uploaded to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com , there's not much else anyone can suggest to diagnose and, potentially, solve your problem (see what the OP did).

Yes, I can launch the streams from the add-on, but not from Favourites. I can successfully launch Icecast streams from Favourites.

I meant to say that I couldn't find the Favourites in the Confluence GUI, so I didn't know how to launch the streams from that skin.

The log is here: http://pastebin.com/yJrQbUds

I first tried to launch a couple of streams from the Favourites. XBMC connected then immediately disconnected. I then successfully launched an Icecast stream from the Favourites.

I successfully launched the ListenLiveEU stream from the Add-ons window. I then closed XBMC, edited the favourites.xml file, and re-tried launching the stream from Favourites. It launched the stream, but the interface started to get corrupted, and it only took a couple of keystrokes/mouse clicks to totally lock up.
(2012-11-03, 18:15)hurricane51 Wrote: I meant to say that I couldn't find the Favourites in the Confluence GUI, so I didn't know how to launch the streams from that skin.
In Confluence, the Favourites button is located on the bottom-left of the homepage (to the left of the Shutdown button).
Quote:I successfully launched the ListenLiveEU stream from the Add-ons window.
That station (as gleaned from your debug log) doesn't seem very reliable to me. Even playing it from the add-on, it would stutter/pause periodically. There was a time when it would only play about a second of music and then freeze for a bit and then repeat that cycle. Other times, it would hiccup every few minutes. Later, it would play flawlessly for a long stretch. Again, this is playing from the add-on itself.
Quote:I then closed XBMC, edited the favourites.xml file, and re-tried launching the stream from Favourites.
I still need to see your <favourites> entry for this station from your favourites.xml (wiki) file.
Quote:It launched the stream, but the interface started to get corrupted, and it only took a couple of keystrokes/mouse clicks to totally lock up.
I was able to play it from a favourite (about as well as I can play it via the add-on -- see comments above) using Confluence. I did notice that it responds very slowly to keypresses and sometiimes it would hang XBMC. I was able to avoid most of these issues by using "dim" as the screensaver and disabling the option on the screensaver settings page to use visualization while playing audio.

ALL streams that I tried from ListenLiveEU failed when launched from favourites.. And ALL of them locked up in the Neon and Metropolis skins as well with the edited favourites.xml [ replace the PlayMedia(&quot; text with ActivateWindow(Music, ]

I just tried to launch this one as it was first in the list.

Default (unedited favorites.xml): http://pastebin.com/ZMBWFdtp

Edited: http://pastebin.com/HFQXjg6A

Maybe we're talking apples and oranges here. When I say "launched from Favourites", I'm laking about launching from an entry on the home meny, NOT from the favorites list for the ListenLiveEU.
I just tried to launch this one as it was first in the list.

Default (unedited favorites.xml): http://pastebin.com/ZMBWFdtp

Edited: http://pastebin.com/HFQXjg6A

Maybe we're talking apples and oranges here. When I say "launched from Favourites", I'm talking about launching from an entry on the home menu, NOT from the favorites list for the ListenLiveEU.
(2012-11-04, 05:23)hurricane51 Wrote: ALL streams that I tried from ListenLiveEU failed when launched from favourites.. And ALL of them locked up in the Neon and Metropolis skins as well with the edited favourites.xml [ replace the PlayMedia(&quot; text with ActivateWindow(Music, ]

I tried all the ListenLiveEU stations in your favourites.xml and they all worked with the Confluence, Metropolis and Neon skins.

A few observations/suggestions:
  • You neglected to change your entry for "NRK Jazz | Oslo | 192 Kbps" from PlayMedia to ActivateWindow
  • It takes up to 15-20 seconds before music starts to play after selecting the favourite, so please be patient
  • When music plays, it is normal to see a blank window with the parent link ("..") at the top (you'd commented on this in an earlier post)
  • You should also remove the &quot; at the end of each of your modified <favourite> statements for your stations, as pointed out in my reply to the OP. Probably doesn't affect functionality if left there, but they're extraneous.
  • As I'd mentioned in my previous post, you should disable the option to use visualization while playing audio, and change screensaver to "dim". I found this avoids some of the lockup issues when trying to stop music playback while visualization or screensaver are activated.
Quote:Maybe we're talking apples and oranges here. When I say "launched from Favourites", I'm laking about launching from an entry on the home meny, NOT from the favorites list for the ListenLiveEU.
We're talking about the same thing. Favourites.xml is used by the XBMC Favourites function, not by any favourites list for an add-on.
dearest,
thanks a lot for your solution. I searched for almost a year for this solution.
My wife and kids complaints they can not find the radio stations. Now they are lucky, thanks to you!!
Joost van der Wulp from Belgium
dearest,
thanks a lot for your solution. I searched for almost a year for this solution.
My wife and kids complaints they can not find the radio stations. Now they are lucky, thanks to you!!
Joost van der Wulp from Belgium
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

And you're welcome! It's important to keep your family happy! Smile
I am having the same issue except instead of radio stations not playing from favourites, live tv streams will not play. They play for about a second and then stop but if I play them directly from the add on, they work fine. The live streams are things like CNN and ESPN from ILIVE add-on. I am new to XBMC so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radio station from Favourites does not start0