• 1(current)
Programming the Mele F10
I am currently using the Mele F10 air fly remote to control XBMC on my HTPC, which I have hooked up to my Sony HDTV as its "monitor." I am basically using it as a DVR. One of the reasons that I bought the Mele F10 was so that I could control XBMC as well as do things like turn on the TV, all with one remote. I now have the Mele F10 in a state where it is doing everything I want within XBMC; button re-mapping was not too big of a hurdle and, although there are a few minor quirks with the mouse function, it is now a fully functional XBMC remote. My problem is that I cannot seem to figure out how to program it to turn on my TV. I apologize that this post isn't really an XBMC question, however I noticed that a bunch of people on this forum also use the F10 and I was hoping that someone out there could help me out with this.

Thank you in advance.
hi there, i dunno how to program the F10, however,
how did you re-map the remote control side of it?
I basically used KeyMapEdit and ShowKey to modify keyboard.xml. That worked well for me, check out this forum post for some other info on it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135738

Let me know if you find anything out on how to program it to turn on a TV.
sure, thx!
FYI to anyone else who may have this question, here is where I have gotten to. The IR functions on the F10 are not meant to be programmable. They are designed to work with the Mele A2000 (or 1000? probably), which I am not using (I am just using this remote for a windows 7 HTPC / TV setup using XBMC). The USB-UIRT product (http://www.usbuirt.com) appears to be the best solution to use the IR buttons on this remote do anything useful for me. I haven't decided if I am going to invest another $58 into my system just so I can use 1 remote for everything, but if I do I will check back in let everyone know how it went.
http://flirc.tv/ wont work?
flirc.tv indeed should work and is probably the best combo out there.
That's a nice remote for its price.
flirc.tv would work if I wanted to use my normal IR remote to control the computer. In my case I bought the Mele F10 because I also wanted a mouse and keyboard on my remote, so what I want is for my F10 remote to control the TV, not the other way around. The UIRT system can also do this same thing, but it also has and IR transmitter to send out an alternate signal if you want it to.
what we suggested is to use FLIRC to receive IR signals from the remote side of your MELE F10.
now the turn on TV feature well, i dunno.
I would like to have those settings too if you dont mind
sadly reprogramming the mele f10 with flirc doesnt work.
I think they use a pairing system
does that mean that they don't emit IR signals?
Hey I got a quesion, I'm considering buying this remote, but I read that if you move your hand around the mouse cursor will appear and I don't want to see the cursor, and if you disable the mouse on XBMC settings, you loose the directional keys in the remote part of the remote? I don't know if I am explaining myself, but did you find a way around this?

Thanks so very much
(2012-12-25, 04:46)lucho528 Wrote: Hey I got a quesion, I'm considering buying this remote, but I read that if you move your hand around the mouse cursor will appear and I don't want to see the cursor, and if you disable the mouse on XBMC settings, you loose the directional keys in the remote part of the remote? I don't know if I am explaining myself, but did you find a way around this?

Thanks so very much

Sorry for the bump, could somebody answer this one though? Many thanks!

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Programming the Mele F100