Extra Fanart for Artists
Music 
I seem to be having issues getting multiple fanart for my music to work.
Its working fine for movies and tv shows, I enabled it under the music settings.
There are 2 things I'm unsure of if they are properly configured: There's an option for path below extra artist thumbnails. I have it pointed to my Music directory? Also is there a certain addon/script that will download multiple Artist fanart? the one I used for movies and tv didn't seem to have an option for music?
yup, you have the set the path to the folder containing your music.
the folder structure should be like: .../Music/Artist/extrafanart/images.jpg

i think the cdartmanager addon can download multiple artist fanart images.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ah okay I notice now that my music directories don't have that extrafanart folder that the movies do. I'll give that cdartmanager addon a try Thanks for the quick reply & awesome skin!

Edit: Got it working, thanks again!
FYI for other people, I couldn't get Cdart Manager from the xbmc repository to work properly, had to update to the latest version manually Here
Does the fanart structure actually need to be where the mp3's are? I single fanart seems to go somewhere on my xbmc box. As do the album thumbs.

I ask because I have all of my media on a NAS that serves other PCs and media boxes and I'd rather not have all of this extra fan are (that is only used by xbmc) on the server.
(2012-12-16, 21:02)rcrh Wrote: Does the fanart structure actually need to be where the mp3's are?

yes they have to.
xbmc has no built-in support for extra-fanart,
so the only way to make it work is to store them in the artist folder.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
OK, that's unfortunate but understandable.

Here's a followup. My music is actually stored with a genre folder too. It looks like this:
music/songs/rock/artist/album
music/songs/country/artist/album
music/songs/jazz/artist/album
music/songs/classical/artist/album

Will the genre structure stop the extra fan art and CD artwork from working?

Thanks.
(2012-12-16, 21:30)rcrh Wrote: OK, that's unfortunate but understandable.

Here's a followup. My music is actually stored with a genre folder too. It looks like this:

Thanks.

yup, that's not going to work.
(2012-12-16, 21:33)ronie Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 21:30)rcrh Wrote: OK, that's unfortunate but understandable.

Thanks.

yup, that's not going to work.

OK, I'll rework the source as a compound source the points to the folders after the genres.

Thanks.
Well that didn't work either since the fanart addon doesn't use the source. It uses it's own path to the directory.

I've reorganized all of my music.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra Fanart for Artists0