XBMC for Kids, what do we tweak?
I'm setting up a environment for my kids so they can't mess things up.
So i'm using a skin that has the ability to enable kiosk mode, password protected adults/parents profile.
I also try to disable all other available options in the skin.
And also working on a modified keymap.xml file so it's 100% kids proof but i think i disable to much for them.

Does anyone have examples of there setup and is willing to share it with other parents that are sharing there XBMC setup with kids?
Other than a password on parents profile and kiosk mode, smartplaylists would be the only thing I could think of. As in, create a smart playlist for only "kids" movies and use that instead of the default movies tab, which would display everything...

Not sure what else you would do.
Tweaks for kids? Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxvxJRGgo6U

VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
Thanks for the reply's
About that smartplaylist, does it play predefined series/movies? That's my definition from a playlist.
The plan is to give the kids an old remote so they can navigate on there own. The only problem is that there's a power button on the remote which they can use and would shut down XBMC.
My idea was to use a script that if they hit power button the user would logout.

logout.py
Code:
# import the XBMC libraries so we can use the controls and functions of XBMC
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin('LIRC.Send(SEND_ONCE devinput KEY_STOP)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(home)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('System.LogOff()')

keymap.xml would look like this
Code:
<power>RunScript(/storage/.xbmc/userdata/scripts/suspend.logout.py)</power>

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Normal playlist (wiki), yes. Smart playlists (wiki) are dynamic.
check out this addon xbmc hub Parental Control

Many people have been stressing that they’d like to be able to lock their children out of certain addons, specifically ones that are adult in nature. While XBMC doesn’t currently support Parental Control, there is a new program addon that will allow you to Password Protect specific addons that you’ve installed. This doesn’t seem to work with all addons yet, keep that in mind.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Neat. Here's the source code link for those who want to see how this was done: https://github.com/killdash9/xbmc-parental-controls
Thanks for the links @ned Scott and @rflores2323 for Parental Control hint.
I think my setup will be 100% kids proof now Wink
Still need to modify some stuff since kiosk mode doesn't prevent all the things i want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Kids, what do we tweak?0