[WIP] XBMC Surfaces
No offense was meant to any of the wonderful skinners here. In my initial post I credited Black's incredible work. It had started out as a mod to suit my own taste, and also to learn skinning. I must say, I had a great time working on this skin, and I am very sorry for releasing it.
Nice.

Looks a lot like Immersive though.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
You're right... sorry about that.
What the hell ... why you've removed everything?

I've seen the screenshots and this looks definitively 100 x nicer than immersive !
Yeah, if it's not a rip-off, no problem. Smile
I agree with Butcha I saw the screens before they were taken off and they looked really good (i'm a huge Modern UI fan). Like Black said, you've not ripped it off so get it back up. Just because someone else is doing something similar doesn't mean yours shouldn't exist. Heck look at all the mods of existing skins. So get it back up Big Grin
post screen here so we can all see...
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I saw the screens before they were pulled off and thought it was a good interpretation of the metro UI. I really liked it, it was nice and clean Wink
(2012-10-26, 13:44)dgm1960 Wrote: Thank you very much, guys. Below is a link to the skin (Eden). It requires the Eden randomitems script, and you need to the weather fanart folder in the weather section (right or left arrow brings up the dialogue. I have not completed the video section, so if anyone wants to take this to completion:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E5...-xK7oXhkNA

Can we have some screenshots again, I'm intrigued.

Smile
Looks amazing, what a great start!
When I said it looked a lot like Immersive, it wasn't in a aggressive way. It's based on the same guidlines, and it's normal it does.
Concurrence is good, don't stop now. I'm sorry I made you think you should remove and stop your work.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
I'm not a fan of metro style but I must say that yours is really charming!!
great work!
I assume it's based on xperience1080, I was wondering if you'll consider to have the same views ? I didn't manage to change views in movie or programm...
great work§
cheers
I can haz screenshot Huh
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Damn nice skin!! I love it

Hello dgm1960

I must admit I hate the Metro-like concept in all themes/systems in general, but it's just a matter of personal taste and not related to your skin in particular.

Anyway I tried your skin, just to see... even if I won't use it as my default skin, I was amazed by your skills!
the 360 degrees flip of some screen is magical, I like a lot the zoom effect of the selected tiles.

So congratulations, wonderful technical work so far!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC Surfaces2