Mystery Buttons on MCE Remote
I have several buttons on my HP MCE remote that don't seem to send a command to XBMC. The list of keys in the MCERemote utility doesn't really have a matching name for these -- at least the ones I've tried don't seem to do the trick.I've used the ShowKey utility on them and it does not respond to these buttons. They are sending a signal to the receiver -- at least the receiver is flashing red to indicate a signal.

Is there a way to identify the ID of these buttons so I can assign an XBMC command to them?
Yes

xbmc.log every time you press a key should have a code attached to it, so start a fresh xbmc with debug on, press a few keys (the ones your trying to id) and then view the log, irw and ir-keytable also print the key id though I only ever used irw along long long time ago.

uNi
Seems loss of interest +1

uNi
Not exactly loss of interest. I just installed XBMC and there are lots of things I'm in the process of learning. This particular problem seems to require to detailed work, and I'm not particularly happy with the layout of the HP remote anyway. I might just try another one for ergonomic reasons alone, and that might make this problem moot.

Thanks for the suggestion, though, and I might just have to do it anyway.

hurricane51

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mystery Buttons on MCE Remote0