• 1(current)
[RELEASE] SHOUTcast 2 (Music Plugin)
Hi,

Because of there is no real Shoutcast radio add-on (at least no official supported) I created a new one.

It's called "Shoutcast 2"

It is a complete new (written from sratch) code base and shares nothing with the old (pre-darma) one or its forks.
It uses the "new v2" shoutcast (or winamp or AOL or whatever Wink) API.

Features:
  • Top 500 Stations
  • Browse by genre (and subgenre if enabled in settings)
  • Search Station by name
  • Search Stations by current playing track
  • You can manage a "My Stations"-list
  • bitrate and amount of listeners visible and sortable
  • 500 Stations on each Page (can be changed in the settings)
  • uses cache (24h genre, 1h station listings)
  • set minimum bitrate in add-on settings

The Add-on is in the official XBMC.org Add-on Repository.

Changelog:
Code:
2.2.0 (23.04.2013)
- fixed unicode related error (Top 500 was broken)
- added bitrate filter
- updated translations

2.1.1 (09.03.2013)
- updated translations
- migrated to xbmcswift2 v2.4.0

2.1.0 (30.01.2013)
- Rename Add-on to "SHOUTcast" to match guidelines
- Changed to xbmcswift2 v1.3
- Fix Sorting
- updated translations

2.0.1 (02.11.2012)
- added method and setting for auto choose server (don't ask for playlist entries)

2.0.0 (unreleased)
- Initial Release
- Features:
    Top 500 Stations
    Browse by genre (and subgenre if enabled in settings)
    Search Station by name
    Search Stations by current playing track
    You can manage a "My Stations"-list
    bitrate and amount of listeners visible and sortable
    500 Stations on each Page (can be changed in the settings)
    uses cache (24h genre, 1h station listings)

Feedback appreciated!

Have fun,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Fantastic! Just downloaded it and will try it out. Thanks for the new version... very much appreciated!
I've tried all the menu options and they work as expected. I've been using it to listen to music for the past several hours without any issues. Thanks again for the great work. I'm surprised there haven't been more views or responses to this thread... I thought Shoutcast was fairly popular... or has it been supplanted by Pandora and the like?
can not get to work on appletv 2 default.py error any suggestions
Sure, enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, launch the add-on and when you get the error, exit XBMC, locate your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log), upload the contents of the log to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com , and post the assigned URL link for your uploaded log here with your reply so that others can see what the problem may be.
Yes please upload your xbmc.log so that I can fix the issue (if there is one Wink).
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Plugin works perfect on my Frodo alpha 7 system.

Do you think it's possible to have a config item to only show specific bitrates or between a certain range ?
(2012-10-27, 22:21)schumi2004 Wrote: Do you think it's possible to have a config item to only show specific bitrates or between a certain range ?

Yes this is possible and already on my to-do list.

My GitHub. My Add-ons:
I have uploaded a new Version and would be happy if you could test it again:

Changelog:
Code:
- added method and setting for auto choose server (don't ask for playlist entries)

This new setting "Choose a random server (Don't ask)" should make it easier and faster to start playback because it doesn't expose the playlist-file to XBMC. Instead a random server is automatically chosen. Default this Setting is enabled now.

I also updated (or filled) the changelog and the add-on description.

You can download this Version here:
Download Version 2.0.1

Have fun,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2012-10-29, 00:16)sphere Wrote: I have uploaded a new Version and would be happy if you could test it again:

Changelog:
Code:

This new setting "Choose a random server (Don't ask)" should make it easier and faster to start playback because it doesn't expose the playlist-file to XBMC. Instead a random server is automatically chosen. Default this Setting is enabled now.

I also updated (or filled) the changelog and the add-on description.

You can download this Version here:
Download Version 2.0.1

Have fun,
sphere
Just perfect. Makes it far more easier playing music stations Wink
Great job, thanks.

Going to play and test more later today.

Edit:
All functions seem to work perfect, My Stations, Browse by genre and Search Current Track playing works better then expected.
Sweet! Finally. Shoutcast is back. Thank you for re-writing this one. I look forward to installing it.
The Add-on is in the Repository now!

Have fun,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thank you very much...works a treat! missed this. Smile
Playback's working fine, but when I list stations now I see the song currently playing on the station instead of the station name itself - any way you could concatenate it to say <station name> - <song name> or something?

Thanks for sticking with Shoutcast, it's still the best imo!
What you see in the Music-OSD is the meta-data coming from the stream, as far as I know I can't override that.
And this meta-data is coming from the Station itself - this is why you see on some stations the name and on others the current artist and song.

But except from that - If I would change that, scripts like Artist-Slideshow wouldn't work well with it.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SHOUTcast 2 (Music Plugin)1