• 5(current)
[RELEASE] SHOUTcast 2 (Music Plugin)
I don't know if im the only one with this issue, but the song name dosnt update when I listen to a station, the song name stays the same as the one being played when you tuned into that station.

regards
I re-checked but it's working here like it should. FYI: the now-playing info comes from the shoutcast stream itself (and is also handled by xbmc core and not this add-on) - maybe the stream you are listening to is partly broken?
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-03-24, 21:20)sphere Wrote: I re-checked but it's working here like it should. FYI: the now-playing info comes from the shoutcast stream itself (and is also handled by xbmc core and not this add-on) - maybe the stream you are listening to is partly broken?

shouldnt be, it's my own stream, and it works fine on our website with song updates and stuff.

you can see here http://195.190.31.236:8000/ that it updates the current song fine.

edit:

and it also works fine in media players as, winamp, windows media player, VLC and itunes
I ran into a odd issue. I remembered a cult movie soundtrack stream I used to listen to years ago from TWENFM. It was gone for a while but is back now under the name "TWENFM NON STOP CULT CINEMA CLASSICS." There are two streams available, 64kbps AAC and 128kbps MP3. When I try to play either stream, I get an error and there is no playback. However, if I bring up the context menu, select the Play using... option and choose DVDPlayer, either will play fine.

This is the only stream I listen to that doesn't play using the default PAPlayer, so I thought I should report it here as it may be a symptom of a bigger issue.

Also, in an unrelated issue, when I am in My Stations, bring up Info on a stream, select Get thumb and choose an image, I can't get it to "stick." Does this feature work right now? Does the image have to be a certain resolution or format?

Thanks!
Hi,

regarding the issue you found, please report that on xbmc trac (its a core bug).
Setting custom art won't work in an add-on (at least not at the moment), sorry.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Update to the official xbmc.org Repository is requested.
Biggest change is that you are now able to set a minimum bitrate in add-on settings.

Full Changelog:
Code:
2.2.0 (23.04.2013)
- fixed unicode related error (Top 500 was broken)
- added bitrate filter
- updated translations

Have fun,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
sphere,

I just realized that I have been so busy enjoying this add-on that I forgot to thank you for it. Your hard work is appreciated.

tobor
Hi there
First off, THANK YOU! It's great to be able to play Shoutcast stations on my Pi!
I have a question, I hope you can help ... to avoid duplicate posting, here is a link to my question on the XBMC forums --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167058

Basically, I need to find the configuration file so I can manually edit it to add more stations to the "My Stations" list.
Cheers for a great plugin though!!

EDIT> Found it: /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.shoutcast/.storage/my_stations.json
(2013-06-13, 23:36)badger_fruit Wrote: Hi there
First off, THANK YOU! It's great to be able to play Shoutcast stations on my Pi!
I have a question, I hope you can help ... to avoid duplicate posting, here is a link to my question on the XBMC forums --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167058

Basically, I need to find the configuration file so I can manually edit it to add more stations to the "My Stations" list.
Cheers for a great plugin though!!

EDIT> Found it: /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.shoutcast/.storage/my_stations.json

Hi,

yes, thats the file. But it may change its format or content later...

Better would be if you just use a .strm or .m3u file

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-06-14, 08:39)sphere Wrote: Hi,

yes, thats the file. But it may change its format or content later...

Better would be if you just use a .strm or .m3u file

regards,
sphere

Ok thanks, I didn't add my station into that JSON object as it got kinda late last night for an old man such as myself ... I will use the STRM file method - tried it here on my work laptop and got it running in seconds. Nice one!
I have xbmc running in the poolhouse to specifically play shoutcast outside. I need this to be a headless setup controlled by my android phone with either Yatse or XBMC remote. Last year I had it set up where, on my phone remote, I could "browse by genre" view "my station" etc. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do the with Shoutcast2. Any ideas?
Thanks.......and great add-on!
(2013-07-06, 16:21)905niagara Wrote: I have xbmc running in the poolhouse to specifically play shoutcast outside. I need this to be a headless setup controlled by my android phone with either Yatse or XBMC remote. Last year I had it set up where, on my phone remote, I could "browse by genre" view "my station" etc. For the life of me I can't figure out how to do the with Shoutcast2. Any ideas?
Thanks.......and great add-on!

Sorry, I don't get the Question Wink
But it seems that this is more a Yatsee/XBMC-Remote related Question...
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hi, thank you for the shoutcast 2 plugin.

I notice regular short under runs (can see them in the xbmc in debug mode).
This gives a short hick up in playback. Which gets annoying fast. I've switched multiple
different channels but keep having the same problem.

Has anyone seen this as well?

Using arctic mc001, 4GB, running openelec 3.0.6. Running from SD-card.
Connected wired to gigabit network.
Running from an SD card might cause delay in writing. But can it really be that critical?
Is there some place I can increase some buffers?
(2013-04-03, 21:45)sphere Wrote: Hi,

regarding the issue you found, please report that on xbmc trac (its a core bug).
Setting custom art won't work in an add-on (at least not at the moment), sorry.

regards,
sphere

I just discovered this add-on and I'm loving it, thanks for putting it together! Not sure if my question is related to this or not, probablyWink When playing a station I have the normal/default music OSD using Aeon nox, the meta from the station displays fine. I have cd/vinyl art enabled which shows a spinning disc half out of a blank icon with a music note. I'd like to add an image to that case, is that possible? I have no problems editing an XML file if needed, I guess this could be an Aeon nox thing instead of SHOUTcast. If I get a chance I'll look around for that default image in nox and change it to see if it changes in SHOUTcast, now that I've written this out that seems likely. Anyway thought I'd ask I can also post a screen shot later if you want.

Scott-
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Hello,
thank you very much for this, beautiful, add-on for my lovely XBMC on RaspberryPI.

I Installed it on last Sunday and, after about 3-4 days it doesn't work anymore.

When I attempt to search a Radio Station, I receive a failure message on the screen:

Code:
script failed!: addon.py

Then, I tried to go deep inside the error, and I discovered the following error messages on xbmc.log:

Code:
21:34:24 T:2798646288  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:34:27 T:2798646288  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/search/station/" matches rule for function "search_station"
21:34:49 T:2798646288  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/search/station/criluge/" matches rule for function "search_station_result"
21:34:49 T:2798646288  NOTICE: Opening url: http://api.shoutcast.com/legacy/stationsearch?search=criluge&limit=0%2C500&k=sh1t7hyn3Kh0jhlV&f=xml
21:34:50 T:2798646288   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'stationlist'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.shoutcast/addon.py", line 258, in <module>
                                                plugin.run()
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 332, in run
                                                items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                                listitems = view_func(**items)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.shoutcast/addon.py", line 116, in search_station
                                                plugin.redirect(url)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 326, in redirect
                                                return self._dispatch(new_request.path)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
                                                listitems = view_func(**items)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.shoutcast/addon.py", line 121, in search_station_result
                                                stations = api.search_stations(search_string)
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.shoutcast/resources/lib/api.py", line 84, in search_stations
                                                return self._parse_stations(data['stationlist'])
                                            KeyError: 'stationlist'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:34:50 T:3036754656   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.shoutcast/search/station/
21:34:50 T:3036754656   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.shoutcast/search/station/) failed

Is anyone aware about how to jump over this issue?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SHOUTcast 2 (Music Plugin)1