[Windows 8] XBMC Remote
(2014-03-12, 02:55)jason_a69 Wrote: Great app Smile

I think I have found a bug though. If you try to display album artwork for an artist that has a non standard character in the artist name or album title, it comes back blank.

An example of this would be Björk for an artist and Déjà Vu as an album title. The artwork, embedded in the MP3, is displayed correctly on the XBMC server.

If you would like me to post the logs of the query taking place on the XBMC server I can.

Thanks

Jason

Hi there,

This is an OSX problem so do not worry about it
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184015

I will be moving to a Raspberry Pi in the future so the issue should go away.

Thanks

Jason
The information about Gotham suggests that it will be possible to do many more things with remote apps due to the new API. Are you working on a Gotham version?
(2013-02-27, 19:16)Abdruggi Wrote: Metro apps aren't allowed to connect to localhost in Windows 8. You can setup your router to forward the port back to your pc or enable loopback http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...80593.aspx

You mentioned this a while back and I have been trying to make sense of the msdn article, but as far as I understand this, enabling loopback is only possible for developers, but not for us, or did I get it wrong? Also could you elaborate on the router forwarding the port back? afaik if I set the local IP (the real IP, not 127.0.0.1), the communication would never reach the router but stay locally, or not?

In any case, I would be really glad if you knew a way how to get you great app running with XBMC installed on the same machine. It runs flawlessly on my surface...
With a lot of help I managed to solve this myself, if anyone is interested, I posted the solution here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=190231
Nice app thanks! One thing I can't work out, if I browse music by artist, I can only choose the artist and then hit play. Instead, how do I view all the albums by that artist?

Thanks!
Where do I find support for this app? The support URL in the MS App store doesn't work for me.
When I try to access the app's settings, the app crashes.
I figured I'd just uninstall then re-install but Windows doesn't offer a "remove" option when I right click on the app's icon / tile.
Please go to http://xbmcremote.uservoice.com and click on "Contact support ". It would be great if you could take a print screen after right klick on the icon and send it to the support address.
Hey

This is by far the best Kodi Remote i've found so far for my Windows Tablet.

I have Kodi Isengard RC1 running on a Windows 8.1 Touch Desktop mounted on my wall - that's my primary media centre.
db on MySQL, shared with three other Kodis - one on an iMac, one on a Macbook Pro and this one, on my new Acer Aspire R13 convertible.

On my Android Phone, I use the excellent Yatse remote, which leaves very little to complain about - it's almost perfect. The most critical feature for me is the ability to download media from Kodi and store it locally on the phone for Offline viewing, when I'm on the road.

I assumed your remote did the same for Windows, with the "Download" feature.

So I "downloaded" a couple of episodes last night. And then I can't seem to find them anywhere locally once I disconnect from WiFi.

It did download the episodes, and even gave me a notification when the downloads completed.

But when I shut down Kodi on the other end, and I try to find the episodes - there's nothing in "Downloads", which was my first instinct to look.
Then I figured that maybe that's only for progress tracking, so I checked within TV Shows (the way Yatse does it)
TV Shows is empty, and the status on the top-right says XBMC unavailable.

So where are they?
Am I doing something wrong?
HI

The files are in your windows media folders.

C:\Users\[Username]\Videos
C:\Users\[Username]\Music
C:\Users\[Username]\Pictures

You have to use windows file explorer to open/play them.

Regards
I might be blind, but does this app have a repeat function?

If I have a playlist and I hear I song I want to repeat, is there a button I could press to have it repeat over and over?
Hi,
I have got Kodi 15.2 Isengard running fine on my Android TV Box (smb connection with my NAS Synology) .
I just downloaded the free Kodi remote iOS on Apple store for my iPhone 5 and the application is running fine.

Then I downloaded the 2,49€ Kodi remote on Windows store for my windows 8 computer and the application is definitely not running.

I succeeded entering setup parameters and accessing the main Kodi screen which shows my library for Video, TV Shows and Music.
So it seems that remote access is correctly running as I can see 9 fanarts for each films and TV Shows comming from my library...
...but when clicking on any from those 9 fanarts, Kodi remote control returns empty data (no picture, no resume, no rating, nothing else but an empty screen)...
...Same behavior when clicking on FILMS, TV SHOWS or MUSIC on left pannel, nothing happens... Empty screen for each of them...

I am really disapointed as the free remote for iOS works fine. Why I am facing this issue with the same remote on Windows 8 ?...
Is there any job aid or user guide available for Kodi Remote on Windows ?

Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows 8] XBMC Remote2