Smb Windows 8
(2014-01-23, 18:00)edrikk Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 02:06)bruderbell Wrote: I ended up getting my shares to work by editing the sources.xml file in xbmc directly. It seems to me that the browser in xbmc doesn't see my shares, but after manually adding them I have full access.
Cheers

Yup... I had seen this and reported it a while back (when Win 8 first came out)... For whatever reason, XBMC doesn't see the SMB Shares, although they *are* there. If they are manually added to sources.xml, XBMC works as it should (still can't browse the share, but the share is "added")...

When I had mygica flashed with Linux, it could see the share (my windows 8 PC) but kept asking for username/password regardless if I entered it correctly or made the share "everyone" access. So I can see the share, just cant access it
Did anyone get to a stage where they can see AND access the share?

I have edited sources, I can see my share.

I only have the local admin account created on install - no live logins

I have everyone set on the share

I've set all the settings in network sharin centre, disable 128 bit, turn off passwords, allow all files to be public etc...

And still it asks fir a password - no matter what I enter it won't accept it.

Any other ideas?!?

Thnx
I dunno I'm stuck
Still asking for user and password

If I flash pivos back to android xbmc it works but not with Linux xbmc

Anyone please?
(2014-01-28, 02:29)Flo711 Wrote: Did anyone get to a stage where they can see AND access the share?

I have edited sources, I can see my share.

I only have the local admin account created on install - no live logins

I have everyone set on the share

I've set all the settings in network sharin centre, disable 128 bit, turn off passwords, allow all files to be public etc...

And still it asks fir a password - no matter what I enter it won't accept it.

Any other ideas?!?

Thnx

Just got it working, yeah baby

I'm not sure which step was the fix but here is what I did

I added the user "everyone" to my shares

On the xbmc I could see my share but it would keep asking for username and password
I tried no username and password , I tried my PC windows online username (hotmail email) and password, nothing
So now I tried "Administrator" as the username, with no password and it worked. The shares loaded, I can see all my movies and the xbmc is scraping my media right now
(2012-10-28, 16:13)stammie Wrote: I don't know if this will help because I've turned off the online user,
my other (still Windows 7) pc wouldn't see the network shares from my Win 8 pc at all via XBMC after the upgrade, what I had to do was go to the shared folders manually through the network icon on the desktop, enter the password and check the remember box, XBMC then saw all the shares.

Sounds like you're having more luck with XBMC and Windows 8 than me, I can't even read any text in XBMC since upgrading Sad

This fixed my problem I was having since I upgraded to windows8. Basically, in the "network" tab on the left side of the folder options... it will direct you to the shared folders. Then you use "security" not "shares" to add a user. Add "Everyone" and give it permissions. Do this for each folder you want to share. Thanks forum. Fixed me up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smb Windows 80