I'm moving my data - how can I keep XBMC settings?
Currently running XBMC 11 on Win 7. I have a few video sources added and generally view the library in date order - with newer added files at the top.
I will be moving the location of the videos shortly (new NAS) - can I just edit source in XBMC and point to the new location (the videos will be in both locations initially) and it will see the files but still acknowledge them as already being in the library? Things like watched status too.
Thanks! Smile
Bump..
Can I move the files to a new location and have xbmc see the new ones instead of the old ones - but maintain the original 'date added'?
(2012-10-29, 13:43)sjw1 Wrote: Bump..
Can I move the files to a new location and have xbmc see the new ones instead of the old ones - but maintain the original 'date added'?

There's a number of threads on this topic. The suggested method is to run an export to a single file, change the paths in the file, then import. I've changed things a lot and found it just as easy to use the watched status import/export addon and rescan the library. If there's a way to duplicate the old paths on the new NAS then you wouldn't have to do anything but I assume you're using Windows and your old paths were by drive letter.

Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Tried the 'Edit Source' option - sadly it doesn't do what I wanted and removed the listings and then added all the items again. Sad Date added is now basically alphabetical order. Sad
My source isn't a drive letter - it's all SMB shares.
If you're moving one NAS to another, just give the new NAS the IP of the old NAS and use the same folder structure.
As someone who is about to undergo the same project (cleaning up my samba share structure), I believe the job involves using a program to manually update the mysql databases.

Using a find and replace feature one can do a mass update of the file paths associated with each of the db listings in question.

I believe the thread that details this process can be found on the openelec.tv forums. Should i come across it I'll update my post for reference purposes.

Hope this helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I'm moving my data - how can I keep XBMC settings?0