Scrapping Question
Hi everyone, been using xbmc for years

For some strange reason i could never get the scrapers to work and all of a sudden they do now. My problem however is i was using ember to get all my info and posters etc which is very time consuming. When i update my library it pulls in new shows perfectly but if i add an episode to an existing show it wont pull in that info at all literally skips it.

What i have found is if i rescrape the show on xbmc it works but i have over 3tb of shows and use it over 3 set ups so scraping using xbmc would not be a great idea as i have perfected all the info the way i like it and want to use this, i would however love to use xbmc as the scaper going forward but like i said it wont reconise new episodes Sad

Any one here have a similar issue or advice ??

I would be really gratefull

Thanks
Rob
Scan for new content works, changing your scraper to none & back will auto scrape, information key and a refresh will also allow for local scrapes.

Certainly you don't have all 3TB in a flat file on your root...? You probably have folders with 50 or so per directory for speed of listing... So changing the scraper back to none... and then to the scraper of choice should allow you to scrape the entire folder. Just beware that some 3rd party scrapers don't have all the metadata XBMC needs... and this will result in an external scrape anyway, voiding what you have in each folder. There is really no need for a 3rd party scraper anymore...
The lack of recognising new episodes is quite possibly due to existing .nfo files not containing the episodeguide URL - there'll be a note in the Debug Log about this.

Either way, without the Debug Log there's no point discussing potential "fixes".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi guys thanks for replying to the thread it much appreciated.

@PatK : i tried your suggestion but no luck unfortunetly Sad

@jmarshall : I think you could be right, i have done a debug log at that error comes up, what can i do to fix this??

Please find log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11637
This error:

Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

Indicates your tvshow.nfo file is basically invalid. You can either fix them or remove them and let XBMC scrape.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok thanks for your help guys, think i will delete the nfos and leave xbmc rescrape them

So I was trying to test out the XBMC scrapper, I added a new source with a couple of movies with just the video file, no nfo, fanart, etc.. I add the source, it scans the content and its in the library and shows all the info as if it scrapped but I noticed it did not create a .nfo, fanart, poster. etc file with the movies... where is it all going?
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
Hi Dignam, xbmc stores all the info within the program. If you want to have these files within your directory, you must export video library. This throws all that info into the video directories including fanart, nfo etc.

Ah ok thanks. I have always used a 3rd party to do this, never knew!
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
Same as myself haha, for some reason and believe me i tried everything xbmc would not scape anything, now it works all of a sudden lol. Was using ember until 2 weeks ago, cant wait to get xbmc to rescrape and finally add my new shows as they are downloaded haha

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapping Question0