• 4(current)
Release XBMC LCDproc Python addon
Hi,

(2012-12-05, 09:25)jardes69 Wrote: Have you been thinking about a graphic equaliser, is it feasible?

In terms of putting FFT/Spectrum Analyzer data to the display, this would be relatively easy to implement. However, this would need access to the FFT/visualisation data inside XBMC, and I guess this is currently impossible (any pointers proving me wrong apreciated, though Wink ). So, guess that makes a "no" for now.

Sorry,
Daniel
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
Hi,

I have been trying out your LCD addon on my Windows 8 XBMC platform using imon manager with Front View, however have not been able to get the LCD display to work.

I have the addon enabled, but nothing happens when I load XBMC, exept a message saying failed to connect to LCDProc

I saw I needed an LCDproc Daemon running, but not too sure what that is, unless its the imon manager, and there is no option to turn the LCD off in Settings-Video

Help is much appreciated

Thanks

As far as I know, this addon is for Linux only.

I'm unsure if there is a port of LCDProc for windows.

Might pay to google to see if there is a windows version of LCDProc, because I don't think this addon has the capabilities to talk to imon manager.
Thanks for the quick response. I think you are right. Will have to wait until there is a windows alternative.

Thanks
Sorry, this addon is intended for use with LCDproc servers only, so if there's no win32 port of LCDproc (especially LCDd) which is capable of driving the display hardware, you're currently out of luck.

Best regards,
Daniel
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
Leia+VAAPI+HD-Audio+LCDproc addon,TVHeadend-master/DVB-C/T2+pvr.tvh addon on Ubuntu 18.04 (amd64)
slight addition. Lcdproc can be on any box in the network. By saying that the addon is not limited to linux (i run it on ios and it controls the display which is attached to my openwrt linux router for example).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi herrnst,

If you want to know about other testresults on your last resort on switching off the backlight at suspend...
I've tried your backlightoff.py and your version of the suspend/resume script. It does work nicely on my system!Laugh

Thanks for the addon!
OC2000: Try xbmcOnImon and follow the discussion. However, it is not being further developed at the moment since I moved from Windows to Linux. Let's hope that any other developer will continue in the work.

herrnst: Great work, thank you very much for this addon. I'm testing it now with the iMon LCD.
i tried the addon and it's working fine so far.

beside the filled block char isn't working
i just get y with two dots above it.

where can i set the char code for that filled block?
@XGMC @BlackMan: Thanks for your replies! Wink

@Elf1sh: Do you want the filled block to appear as part of your information display (e.g something like "$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist] [] $INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]" with [] resembling the block char) ?
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
i added the progress bar "widget" to my lcd.xml file.

everything worked fine beside the full block.
it's sending the wrong char code to lcdproc.
(2013-01-19, 18:36)Elf1sh Wrote: i added the progress bar "widget" to my lcd.xml file.

everything worked fine beside the full block.
it's sending the wrong char code to lcdproc.

Just to make sure: Are you really using the addon and made sure you deactivated XBMCs internal LCD support before activating this addon?

The addon doesn't draw bars using special characters anymore, but uses LCDprocs hbar widget by sending a "draw x pixels long bar at line y" command, leaving correct drawing to LCDproc, which worked perfect for all kind of displays so far. So either you're using the internal LCD support, or the LCDproc driver for your hardware has an issue.

What driver/display type are you using? Mind posting your LCD.xml?
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
(2013-01-19, 18:50)herrnst Wrote: Just to make sure: Are you really using the addon and made sure you deactivated XBMCs internal LCD support before activating this addon?

yes. only your plugin is running.

(2013-01-19, 18:50)herrnst Wrote: What driver/display type are you using? Mind posting your LCD.xml?

I'm using the following display:
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/M204SD01B

The arduino lib is emulation a CFontz-Display.
So i'm using the CFontz-Driver in lcdproc.

The arduino program provides a internal way to remap characters that lcdproc tells it to display.
I just remapped the y with two dots to a full block.

I'll post the LCD.xml later (my wife watches TV atm ;-) )

(2013-01-19, 20:25)Elf1sh Wrote: I'm using the following display:

The arduino program provides a internal way to remap characters that lcdproc tells it to display.
Would be interesting to know if this works without changes for CFontz-displays that don't need a wrapper (maybe someone can comment on this?). I somehow suspect the wrapper being the culprit if it works on other CFontz-driven displays. If they also cause trouble, the problem rather is in the CFontz driver (as said, there's numerous hardware where the progress bar pseudolabel works without problems).

Mind to share what you've done in detail to fix the problem, so I can put instructions or even patches on the repo's Wiki page?

(2013-01-19, 20:25)Elf1sh Wrote: I'll post the LCD.xml later (my wife watches TV atm ;-) )
An excerpt of xbmc.log (preferably loglevel=1) during the addon initialisation would also be interesting.

Regards,
nst
script.xbmc.lcdproc!
(2013-01-20, 17:15)herrnst Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 20:25)Elf1sh Wrote: I'm using the following display:

Would be interesting to know if this works without changes for CFontz-displays that don't need a wrapper (maybe someone can comment on this?). I somehow suspect the wrapper being the culprit if it works on other CFontz-driven displays. If they also cause trouble, the problem rather is in the CFontz driver (as said, there's numerous hardware where the progress bar pseudolabel works without problems).

Mind to share what you've done in detail to fix the problem, so I can put instructions or even patches on the repo's Wiki page?
Regards,
nst

The display used by the arduino wrapper uses the following char map.

Source

According to the comments in CFontz.c (lcdproc source code), the driver works for 632 and 634 crystalfontz displays.
The following char map can be found in the documentation.

Source

I disabled all re-mapping in that arduino display wrapper. So the chars (char codes) should be 1:1 that should be used in regular CFontz displays.
When the progress bar lcdproc widget tried to display a full block it displayed a y with two dots, meaning it tried to display 0xFF.
If you lookup that char code in cfa634 char map it results in }.
So the full block displayed on a real CFontz display should be wrong aswell.

In the lcdproc source code a CFontz-charmap.h can be found.
How ever as far is unterstood the source:

Code:
if ((x >= 0) && (y >= 0) && (x < p->width) && (y < p->height))
        p->framebuf[(y * p->width) + x] = (p->newfirmware)
                          ? CFontz_charmap[(unsigned) c]
                          : c;

that char map should only take effect if you use the newfirmware setting in the lcd.conf (which i set to no, so i shouldn't use any addional charmap in lcdproc).

as i already said, there is a remapper function in that arduino wrapper.
i simply made it use a different char once it's told to display 0xFF, resulting in the correct char shown.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LCDproc Python addon2