Multiple Issues - Part Two..
I finally figured out how to add contents thanks to the guide made by HenryFord, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129826

I got my most of my movies scraped correctly, some went wrong, tried to add nfo file with the url from IMDb, still without results, how do i fix this?

i got a foreign folder that contains movies, and 1 series, is there a way to contain those in a single playlist where they would show up properly? (i think this also applies for the cartoons section too, as i got movies and also series under cartoons folder).

as far as music, i got to sort out my music collection first, as it turns out its been filed in a messy manner, any organizing utility that can rename the files, tag them and create folders that can be compatible with xbmc?

for pictures, i have sorted them into events, (birthday, trip, etc..) now can i have a folder show a specific picture as poster / fan art looking, for it?

oh... and Aeon freezes like crazy, every time i right click on something or just click browse sometimes, it just freezes and i have to end task it. many many times!

open for suggestions Smile
80+ views and yet not a single reply..

i thought this was simple stuff!

do any of the big boys see these posts?!
Movie scraping issues are almost always file name related. If you're using an IMdB url, you must use the imdb scraper, and not XBMC's default tmdb scraper.

You can add a movie to a tvshow listing by using the context menu in the movie library and selecting "Link to tv show".

MediaMonkey is a nice music organizer w/ tagging support. For just tagging, check out mp3tag, or MusicBrainz Picard.

I've not used the picture library, so can't advise there.

Lots of threads and posts out there regarding Nox freeze-ups. Usually it's a script that's causing the issues. Try disabling any scripts that you don't need.

Lastly... Be patient. Thread views means nothing. This is an international forum, and you should not be bumping your own threads less than 24 hours after posting.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-10-30, 18:07)Kay316 Wrote: 80+ views and yet not a single reply..

Please refrain from such wording. 80+ views is not that much. And people have a life, you know?
Saying things like these won't improve your chances of getting an answer.

(2012-10-30, 00:18)Kay316 Wrote: I got my most of my movies scraped correctly, some went wrong, tried to add nfo file with the url from IMDb, still without results, how do i fix this?
Don't use the IMDB-ID since you are probably using the TMDB-Scraper (which is the default).
Get the id's from here:
www.themoviedb.com
Then put it into the NFO.

Quote:i got a foreign folder that contains movies, and 1 series, is there a way to contain those in a single playlist where they would show up properly? (i think this also applies for the cartoons section too, as i got movies and also series under cartoons folder).
Not directly - you can only have a playlist for either the series and the movies, but not both together.
You can create a smart-playlist for say movies and choose the path where the files are lying. XBMC will then fill the playlist with all the movies beneath that path (that are in your library). You can do the same for tv-shows.
Hint: The Type "mixed" is for audio- and musicvideo-files, not for movies+tvshows.
For reference look here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Pla...ist#Fields

Quote:as far as music, i got to sort out my music collection first, as it turns out its been filed in a messy manner, any organizing utility that can rename the files, tag them and create folders that can be compatible with xbmc?
I'd recommend Musicbrainz' Picard.

Quote:for pictures, i have sorted them into events, (birthday, trip, etc..) now can i have a folder show a specific picture as poster / fan art looking, for it?
I don't think so, no.

Quote:oh... and Aeon freezes like crazy, every time i right click on something or just click browse sometimes, it just freezes and i have to end task it. many many times!
What version of XBMC are you using? If you're running on Frodo, you shouldn't be surprised to see crashes now and then.
I have the same problem (but with AEON Nox), a lot of times the context-menu freezes away. But that's probably a skin-issue and should be reported in the sub for the skin.

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-10-30, 19:04)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-10-30, 18:07)Kay316 Wrote: 80+ views and yet not a single reply..

[quote='Kay316' pid='1225808' dateline='1351549134']I got my most of my movies scraped correctly, some went wrong, tried to add nfo file with the url from IMDb, still without results, how do i fix this?
Don't use the IMDB-ID since you are probably using the TMDB-Scraper (which is the default).
Get the id's from here:
www.themoviedb.com
Then put it into the NFO.

correct URL is http://www.themoviedb.org/ Big Grin
Uh - right. Thanks for correcting it Smile
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I created a folder "nothingtomatch" and placed inside it 2 files: "nothingtomatch.avi" and "nothingtomatch.nfo". The latter contained

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095016

I then scanned it in using the default themoviedb.org scraper and, sure enough, "Die Hard" was the result.

Conclusion: The themoviedb.org scraper quite happily handles imdb links in .nfo files. The code also confirms this, ofcourse.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-30, 23:10)jmarshall Wrote: Conclusion: The themoviedb.org scraper quite happily handles imdb links in .nfo files. The code also confirms this, ofcourse.
Of course you are right, but that requires tmdb to actually have the imdb-id listed, this is probably not the case for all the movies on there...
Of course it would be helpful to actually get the names of the movies that aren't matching up - and the contents of the nfo and how everything is named.

(2012-10-31, 00:04)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-10-30, 23:10)jmarshall Wrote: Conclusion: The themoviedb.org scraper quite happily handles imdb links in .nfo files. The code also confirms this, ofcourse.
Of course you are right, but that requires tmdb to actually have the imdb-id listed, this is probably not the case for all the movies on there...
Of course it would be helpful to actually get the names of the movies that aren't matching up - and the contents of the nfo and how everything is named.

I learn something new every day here!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-10-31, 00:04)HenryFord Wrote:

I was curious about the comment re: imdb URL link contained within an nfo file and using TMDB for scraping. I've not experienced any false results or problems when using TMDB as a scraper. Since it's release the Universal scraper is set as my default and I've configured it to get movie titles and certification ratings from TMDB and have not experienced any scraping issues so far.
What about videos that are do not exist in tmdb or imdb, how do you handle this?

for example, i got concerts, David Garrett - Rock Symphonies, is not available in both sites, i tried universal scraper, nothing was fetched.
You can either:
  • sign-up for an account at themoviedb.org and add entries for these shows there so they can be scraped (and also benefit others)
  • or create NFO (wiki) files with the requisite information for local scraping

EDIT: Corrected scraper site.
(2012-10-31, 06:50)artrafael Wrote: You can either:
  • sign-up for an account at thetvdb.com and add entries for these shows there so they can be scraped (and also benefit others)
  • or create NFO (wiki) files with the requisite information for local scraping

You mean themoviedb.org Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oops, you're right... talking movies here. Updated previous post.
(2012-10-31, 05:12)Kokonutcreme Wrote: I was curious about the comment re: imdb URL link contained within an nfo file and using TMDB for scraping. I've not experienced any false results or problems when using TMDB as a scraper. Since it's release the Universal scraper is set as my default and I've configured it to get movie titles and certification ratings from TMDB and have not experienced any scraping issues so far.
Me neither - I just _guess_ that there are some movies which do not have the imdb-id listed on thmdb which would lead to false hits.
However:
It would definetly be easier to help if we actually knew the movies he's talking about...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Issues - Part Two..0