Strange Behavior Upnp Server
Hi,

I have come across strange behavior when using XBMC as a media server.

If I start XBMC on my PC it has Upnp selected as default but I find that I have to deselect the option and then reselect it before any Upnp shares are shown.

Does anyone know why it XBMC does this and is it normal?

Thanks
Never had that experience. Which version of XBMC are you using? The recent nightly builds have much better UPnP support than the last stable build.
The stable version think it's feb or march. updated to latest nightly but that is worse. I have to do the same with that and it keeps crashing. which build do you use?
(2012-10-30, 09:55)chrisino Wrote: The stable version think it's feb or march. updated to latest nightly but that is worse. I have to do the same with that and it keeps crashing. which build do you use?

I use nightlies without any problems.

There won't be any improvements made to Eden. So if you could tell us what the problem is in the nightlies we can fix it there for Frodo release.

Post crashlog to some download site and Debug Log to pastebin.com
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi,

Thanks for confirming. I have had a thought though. I start XBMC minimised does this mean that the services aren't started fully or doesn't it make a difference?

Also if I have xbmc open and haven't used it for a while it dims and presumably doesn't goes into hibernate mode. I have found when I wake it from sleep or hibernate it also loses my Upnp connections until I unselect and select Upnp and then it comes back.

I expect some kind of delay but I guess I shouldn't have to unselect and select everytime xbmc goes into sleep or hibernate.

I'm a newbie so I have never done a crash log so I will read up on the procedure and report back.

Tried October nightly builds and all of them crash on me. Downloaded every Development Frodo Alpha from April to August and they work without crashing. September build and October builds crash on me. I would stick with the August build but if I share my library via Upnp with my tablet I don't get cover art only poster art. Not sure why that is but if I go back to the older version it shows all my artwork.

Back to the original query. Upnp does work via my PC and Android but I have to turn on XBMC on my Android tablet on first and then turn on XBMC on my PC. If I turn on XBMC first and then my tablet it doesn't pick it up. Still seems a bit hit and miss but I don't want to upgrade to the newer versions because of the crashing and the way it doesn't display my artwork when sharing.

Did you by chance solve that problem, since I have the same?

I think it is not xbmc related since I have it even if enable windows media player to serve as a dlna client.
It works for a while, and then loses connection and can not be found.

Perhaps it is because of some router settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Behavior Upnp Server0