setup advice on PVR with ATV2
Im new to the whole PVR thing which I only realised was possible when a Live Tv link appeared in my settings on xbmc. Im running xbmc Eden beta 3 on an ATV2 and linked to my windows PC.

What is the best PVR software option for setting up a PVR with this setup? Ive been reading about For the record but from what I can see this is installed on my PC and I have to do all of my scheduling from there?

I want to be able to go into xbmc and schedule recodin and playback rom there but all recorded shows are stored on my PC? Also will the PVR record shows that are airing on FTA TV via my antenna into my TV? is that how it works or can you only record shows that are streamed over the net?

Sorry for the newb questions but there just seems to be a tonne of inormation on this and I just need to be directed on the right path
Running Krypton beta3 on ATV4 networked to Win7 PC using SMB shares.
To use XBMC to watch live TV, you need to have what is called a 'backend' running on a computer somewhere that is attached to a TV Tuner, and handles the PVR functions. XBMC PVR merely acts as a frontend and display system for the PVR. All recording will be made on the backend system, but the intent is for XBMC PVR to be able to control all the functions of the PVR.

I currently use a small Atom PC running linux, and TVHeadend as my PVR backend system, connected to the antenna with a USB tuner. The ATV2 is capable of playback of SD mpeg2, however it is *not suitable* for use to display HD content because the h264 decoder does not handle the interlaced format used by broadcasters, and the ATV2's processer is too slow to decode it in software. (Theoretically, you could playback 720p H.264, but I don't know any broadcasters transmitting that)
I think MythTV has some kind of transcoding plug-in, but I don't know any of the details.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setup advice on PVR with ATV20