Is this possible?
This is just from a design point of view and since I've never seen it done before...

Most artwork is automatically resized to fit media views, compromising the original aspect ratio of an image by stretches or squashing it. For the most part this is perfectly fine since poster's are generally the same aspect ratio, as well as episode thumbs etc. Alternatively Xeebo uses square back thumbs behind artwork, so the artwork is centred and only has to abide by the height or width. This is simple since the focus point is according to the square thumb and not the artwork. Basically, I would like to know if this can be done the other way around?...

Creating individual back thumbs/borders around artwork, and as a result having variable focus areas.

I imagine this could only be applied to a carousel view type and only worthwhile with the following attributes...
  • Artwork is always the same height
  • Back thumbs are always the same height
  • Border around artwork is always the same
  • Text and info aligns with artwork, so space available varies according to the width of the artwork
  • Focused item always aligns to the same point on the left

Navigate Right...

Nope. Theoretically it's possible for sure, e.g. the Xbox Metro Dashboard uses a similar view for search results.
(2012-10-30, 14:49)`Black Wrote: Nope. Theoretically it's possible for sure, e.g. the Xbox Metro Dashboard uses a similar view for search results.

By theoretically do you mean something would have to be implemented into the skinning engine since at the moment navigation is limited to fixed image sizes?
Exactly.
(2012-10-30, 15:16)`Black Wrote: Exactly.

Damn. It's a shame since search results, episode views and on-deck widgets could all benefit from unconstrained artwork.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this possible?0