xbmc noob help
ok I have researched my self crazy . There is so many different was to do this but looking for suggestions for the best .

my os is windows 7 i currently am running eden 11 from the hd . I want to use a ssd . I have a 80gb but going to get a 32gb ssd . i would like to install XBMCbuntu on the ssd . then have all files associated with xbmc located on my 2tb hd . in research i have see XBMCbuntu will boot str8 in to xbmc instead of the way it boots currently in windows 7 . I know i can use openelec to achieve this but I much rather deal with linux " Learn Linux then the bloated windows 7 "
just curious XBMCbuntu is this the latest eden version which will support pvr as i have a ceton tunner card and will be using the mod for PseudoTV once i get my final install figured out .

would it be better to just to install Ubuntu then the latest eden version for pvr on the ssd
and then run openelec from usb to start in xbmc

thanks for your help
Quote:ok I have researched my self crazy
Now that I know I'm leaving a message to a crazy man... welcome to the forums.

From the direction you're indicating, It would seem that a standalone full install of Ubuntu will give you a little more future proofing and 3rd party flexibility with browsers, sickbeard, couch potatoe set-ups. Some user are having great luck with Frodo and given the changes coming, you would have a jump on an Eden install.
thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc noob help0