UPC Horizon
Bump. It seems as if the Horizon TV Boxes are now distributed troughout the whole Unitymedia company. UPC Austria, Unitymedia Germany and Cablecom Switzerland have them for example. I actually like the concept of that thing (the remote e.g. has a keyboard and numpad on the backside) but I am concerned about the UI - I wonder if this is really KODI based.
A bit about the new box: It has 7 tuners (4 for recording, 3 for streaming the current, next and last channel so that switching between channels is faster - the current box has 2, one for recoding and one for viewing the current channel)
There is a USB port on the left side (which is currently deactivated in Austria) and there's two ethernet ports at the back (since this thing has a router function integrated which is disabled as well)
The recording feature seems to work pretty well (you can tell the media box that you want to record let's say Stargate SG1 and it will record any Stargate SG1 airing on any available channel)

obtw.: I just found out that the original Horizon TV Box was made by Samsung, the current one is by PACE and looks like this: https://images.futurezone.at/hardware%2B...26.550.612

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPC Horizon0