Channel changing using UP/DOWN
diverseft - could you please install the BETA1, switch to Confluence skin and test again? I'm currently out of ideas and just want to make sure it's a) definitely a version with this feature available and b) not the skin (AeonNox, which does just too much script wiz).
Hi da-anda. Finally got round to XBMC tinkering (Wife is at work). Tested with Beta1 and Confluence and still not working Sad Would another debug log help?
Hi, no, unfortunately not with a regular build. I'd have to add several debug messages to the code to see more details in the logs. Can you compile XBMC?
I tried to map the specific actions to my xbox 360 controller nativly via keyboard.xml and i didn't get it working in the joystick section. No response on the specifiy screen. The button assignment (<hat id="1" position="left"></hat>) must be correct as it is working in every other section except fullscreentv. Mapping keyboard actions is no problem and is working flawlessly. For me this is no problem as i can use xpadder to simulate keypresses for the joystick but it could be related to the probelm others have with their remotes??

Here a excerpt of my keyboard.xml
<keymap>
<FullscreenLiveTV>
<joystick name="Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)">
<hat id="1" position="left">XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)</hat>
<hat id="1" position="right">XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)</hat>
<hat id="1" position="up">XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</hat>
<hat id="1" position="down">XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</hat>
</joystick>
<keyboard>
<up>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</up>
<down>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</down>
<left>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)</left>
<right>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide)</right>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenLiveTV>
</keymap>
thanks for your input ferl13. As both remotes (AppleRemote, 360 Controller) use the <joystick name="foo"> tags, it could be related to those - will check.

----------
edit: ok, it seems that joystick input is handled differently (for whatever reason) then other inputs. I need to figure out how the whole input processing system works to see what might be wrong/missing - may take a while.

---------
edit2: found it and I could fix it by hacking something in, but that won't be a nice solution, especially because it seems that also some other things are currently not working for joystick input if the input is no button but an analog signal (which is the main issue atm - <FullscreenLiveTV> section should be working for button presses on joysticks from what I've seen).
Could you guys please test if any keymap change for <videomenu> window is working? This window is f.e. active on DVD menus. So just play a DVD, go to the menu and see if you f.e. can map up/down/left/right to any of those keys you currently try to use in FullscreenLiveTV. Those should also fail if I'm right.
So i tried to remap the controller for the <videomenu> window and there it seems to work for me.
Here's the part from the keyboard.xml:
<videomenu>
<joystick name="Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)">
<hat id="1" position="left">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</hat>
<hat id="1" position="right">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</hat>
<hat id="1" position="up">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</hat>
<hat id="1" position="down">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</hat>
<button id="4">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</button>
</joystick>
<keyboard>
<m>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</m>
</keyboard>
</videomenu>

i tried different actions and also remapped a button and a key for comparison, and all buttons defined here open the epg window when i am in the menu of an dvd.
right - bad example because I found out that this particular case is covered in another place for joystick inputs. But good news is that I found the issue and found a somewhat nice way to fix it if everything is working out. So the issue should be fixed for beta2.
Great news. Thanks for your effort.
Awesome. Thanks da-anda!
PR1827 should hopefully fix the current issues
Can anybody of you compile XBMC to test the pull request mentioned above?
Erm. I have not messed around with compiling yet. Probably better for someone else to try first. Am happy to give it a shot though if no-one else can do it (and you can point me in the right direction of instructions for mac)
sorry, can't help with mac. We'll have to wait for the review of other XBMC devs then and test it in nightlies once applied.
Is the initial request by the OP going to be addressed at some point? this would really make the PVR experience perfect IMO.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel changing using UP/DOWN0