this library does not support UPnP search
Hello,

I am using BubbleUPnP on my Android.
I noticed that when connected to my XMBC-library, and I want to search for music, I received the message "this library does not support UPnP search" and only searchresults within the "current selected folder" will be returned.
If I connect to a Windows Mediaplayer-library, the search feature is available and I can search within my full library.

This is an issue for me, because I have a rather large music library (30.000 items), so it is impossible to load the whole library on my Android and than start a search. Even with small libraries it is much faster to send only a search request to the server and load only the results. It seems that XBMC does not support this UPnP-search protocol...

So my question is: is it possible to configure XBMC in a way that it accepts search requests?
If not, will this be a feature for the future?

Kind regards,
bart

In fact, the exact warning message I get is

This library does not support upnp search. This prevents the whole library to be searched for tracks, albums and artists. Only the current folder will be searched.
This is a known issue as UPNP is undergoing a lot of improvements. See the general UPNP topic for more info.
OK, thanx for reply. Can you please point me to the "general UPNP topic".... Newbie here... :-)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127949

^^^ Keep in mind this is a development thread regarding the improvements and changes being made to XBMC's UPnP support. As such, there's a lot of techie and bug-squashing discussion going on, and is not intended as a UPnP "how-to" thread for casual users. Read the first post to get an idea of the improvements that are coming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
this library does not support UPnP search0