sql help
My Diskstation 1511+ with DSM 4.1 has had sql support since I've had it so I decided to try and use XMBC with sql. I followed the video guide from the wiki and created the advancedsettings.xml file and launched XMBC to create my sources for all my systems but XBMC is working so slow I can't even do anything. Have I don't something wrong?

Here is my advancedsettings.xml and yes I did do everything case sensitive:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.10</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.10</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbs/</from>
<to>smb://192.168.1.10/Thumbs/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Personally I would take the thumb substitute out.

Will mostly like speed things up.
UPDATE: I found out that I wasn't supposed to create the xbmc_video and xbmc_music folders in mysql. Once I deleted those, I relaunched XBMC and it ran fast and created it's own folders. I created sources on one computer and then copied the advanced,xml and sources.xml to all the other computers. Everything seems OK except not all my DVD box art is downloading. I still have a lot of them showing the skin default art. How do I fix that? Also, the Thumb share I created according to the mysql instructions is totally empty. I thought that would contain all my art or at the very least something but it has nothing at all. Have I still done something wrong?

Last thing for me to test is to watch a TV show in the living room and then stop it and try resuming the bedroom. Then I have the DVD box art problem to deal with.

Update 2: In my sources it's not reading all my TV shows now. Before, I had a couple dozen TV shows showing up in XBMC and now I only have like 6 and it won't add them when I force update or restart XBMC. What could be causing that?
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2012-11-02, 13:30)Danielowenuk Wrote: Personally I would take the thumb substitute out.

Will mostly like speed things up.

Well, it's not slow, I am just missing a lot of of DVD art. Isn't the whole point of sql to have it all centralized?
No help? Maybe sql isn't a popular way of using XBMC?
Wait at least a full day so that members from around the world will have the opportunity to at least look at this. We're also heading into the weekend and some members may be off doing things with their families, friends, etc.
XBMC Eden does not share the artwork between machines when using MySql unless you do the path substitution which will slow down XBMC especially with large libraries. If you upgrade to a Frodo Alpha/nightly then it will share the links to the artwork but not the artwork itself.
Surprisingly little help. I thought this was a more popular thing to do. Anyways, I rebooted all the machines and the libraries full updated. Now, I can stop watching something in the living room and resume in the bedroom. Very nice. I did follow all the instructions in the wiki so I'm not sure why the thumbs directory is empty or what even goes there.

On a side note, once I upgrade to Frodo beta 1, will I have to delete the database and create a new one with a new advancedsettings.xml?
You should be able to just install and go. Just make sure all clients are on the same XBMC version. Might still want to do a library backup just to be safe. When Frodo beta comes out, remove the pathsubs thumbnail part of your advancedsettings.xml file and delete the textures db from userdata (wiki)/Databases/ (from each XBMC machine) and that will kick in Frodo's new native ability to keep the thumbs in sync with each other.
Cool thanks Ned

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sql help0