All Songs Repeated in Library
Hi, I have not had this problem till I recently started rebuilding my XBMC setup. I have setup to use mysql databases and the movies are fine. However the music is causing me a right headache. I started with a blank database but everytime the scan runs to find new music it adds each song to the library again, I currently have 10 copies of every song showing in the library. All the tags have been generated through music braiz and they are split down into artist folders with album folders and all files are named with the song name. Does anybody have any idea what might be causing this?
Thanks
Is more than one XBMC machine updating the library? If the source paths are different between XBMC machines then that might explain it. This includes caps/case-sensitive file paths.
Sorry should have said there is only machine updating the library at the moment.
Check in your database - in particular the path and song tables.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Everything is in the database 10 times, any idea how to stop this? I set the folder importing and left it over night, when I came back it was still scanning and had imported everything 10 times.
Paste your sources.xml file to pastebin.com from the machine updating XBMC. Also paste to pastebin.com a debug log (wiki) with debugging enabled (Settings/System/Debugging (wiki)) when it does an import.
"Everything is in the database 10 times".

WHAT is in the database 10 times - they'll be (perhaps subtly) different for a reason. Once you've found that reason, you'll have the solution.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All Songs Repeated in Library0