Plot outline only, not full plot writeup. + cast
In the meantime, why don't you use Universal Movie Scraper? You can set 'IMDB Outline' as plot filed on scraper's setting.
Then you will see outlines as default at all skins. This is way I am using since I found Universal Movie Scraper.
Sorry for my English.
OS X 10.10.x | Helix 14.x
The problem is fixed for me with a change to an XML file for Aeon Nox Skin.
I'm more curious if they would consider the change to the stock skin, I think they are doing fans a disservice with spoilers.
(2013-12-28, 09:22)AbRASiON Wrote: Any thoughts from developers on considering this? It's kind of a big change for confluence - but I feel like it's the right decision to make about the program, spoilers as default is silly. (This no longer personally impacts me, Aeon Nox is the first skin I've found that's better than the default)

I just want to make it clear, I'm never going to drop this position. The plot synopsis, literally 95% of the time does NOT spoil the movie and contains a far better short writeup on the film. My stance remains, the initial frontend views of the users library should include imdb.plotoutline, the detailed view should include imdb.plot.

As per the example in my original post, Matrix is literally spoiled due to the ridiculously long full plot. Thank the lord for Aeon Nox.
(Yes, this no longer impacts me - but it's better for new users long term)
I hope you keep pushing it, too. I really like the idea, and would love to see the option even in the default skin. Not only is it good for avoiding spoilers, but often the full summary (from a site like The Movie DB) contains a bloated recap of every scene, which is not what a summary should be.

I do plan on trying to learn more about skinning, so hopefully one day I can put my money where my mouth is. Until then, I offer my moral support :)
Who codes the stock confluence skin, perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree about addressing it, I'm happy to post this in another subforum.
I agree so much. Since I started using XBMC I felt something is wrong with the movie information. I don't consider myself as having too short of an attention span, but still reading the long full plot writeup was confusing and I had trouble reading it and understanding what the movies are about. Then I figured that there are plot outlines instead, which give the same idea of what type of movie it is in only 1-3 sentences and with less spoilers too! Much better.

(2013-12-30, 14:02)piodio Wrote: In the meantime, why don't you use Universal Movie Scraper? You can set 'IMDB Outline' as plot filed on scraper's setting.
Then you will see outlines as default at all skins. This is way I am using since I found Universal Movie Scraper.
This is the solution I am now using. It works pretty great for the most part. However, I do have a few problems. Firstly, since skins are usually designed to show the long plot writeup the movie info font size is pretty small. I know there is a way to increase that font size but that's something I have yet to figure out. For now, I am using the Amber skin which is one of the few skins that have by default large fonts for the info. Another problem is that some movies don't have a plot outline at all (for example For All Mankind [1989]). In these cases the Universal Movie Scraper doesn't find any plot outline to download and so simply does not download any plot summary at all - resulting in an empty plot info. It would be great if the Universal Movie Scraper was programmed to automatically download the long plot if there is no outline. Another minor problem is that the full information view also displays only the plot outline, unlike AbRASiON's suggestion that it should show the full plot writeup (which I agree with, although it doesn't bother me that much personally).
Once you switch to Aeon Nox (the only skin I believe, superior to the default confluence skin) and then apply the fix by making one small edit to an XML file, the plotoutline is vastly superior.

None the less since the thread has been bumped, I will yet again state, confluence should provide plotoutline on the main page where you select movies, and full plot when you pull up full movie info (details).
I might have this solved for me - but it would be nice for new users of XBMC.
Bumping because hey.............. this still should be looked at, simple change too boot.
Has this been implemented in any fasion in the package yet?
Still won't stop pushing this as default for new Kodi users. This is simply good design and what the default skin should do.
Is this part of the default skin implementation yet? Spoilers suck, how do I get devs to notice this very simple and positive change to the app? (if it isn't already addressed)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plot outline only, not full plot writeup. + cast0