ForTheRecord EPG and Timeshifting Questions
Hi Guys,

First off...this PVR work is fantastic. What a huge number of improvements in a short time! The timeshifting is AWESOME...works exactly as it should!

One suggestion on the timeshift would be that when you FF to the end of the buffer, it could switch back to Play mode. Right now, it gets a little choppy and just waits for more buffer, then keeps trying to FF. The use case would be if you're watching something, pause it, then FF until you catch up. When you actually do catch back up to live, it'd be nice if it simply went to Play and started playing the live feed again.

I'm having some trouble with the EPG import from FTR.

1. All of the genre's come through as unknown/other (and therefore I do not get the nice coloring per genre)
2. Many of the descriptions don't come through properly. A great example of this is NFL games.

Basically, I can clearly see which teams are playing in the description, and that the genre is set to Sports in the FTR EPG, but those details do not flow through to my XBMC EPG. I just says 'unknown' in the description, and 'unknown/other' for the genre.

Am I missing something?

Thanks again!
With respect to the timeshift ff issue: I know the problem, but I don't know yet how the PVR addon should tell XBMC to switch back to play mode. This probably requires a change in XBMC itself.... Will have a look at this, because this problem is the same for multiple addons.

I just checked the sources of the addon and tranferring the genre to XBMC is not yet implemented.
XBMC uses GenreID and GenreSubID numbers for coloring, but several backends only deliver genre strings. In order to get a colored EPG, the addon has to do a translation from Genre strings to IDs (that is what I already do for the MediaPortal pvr addon).
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
In addition to the fast forwarding I have noticed that when tuning live tv that is timeshifted there is no indication of when the recording of timeshifted video began. There is also no indication of current position within the available timeshifted video. I suggest an addition to the PVR API be implemented that utilizes the timeshift start time in cooperation with the length of the stream to create an available timeshifted video. than use an additional indication to show current position in that available timeshifted video so the user knows where they are when ff, rwd and playing. I also suggest a "live" button so you once you got done rewinding to catch what that guy just said, you can quickly return to your the "live".
by talking about timeshift - margro (or Red-F if you're reading this), will there be support for the skip steps from XBMC to seek within the timeshift buffer? Only having this fast-forward thingy is kinda annoying. And unfortunately pressing skipForward/back will just move the playback position to the end of the TS buffer again. Haven't found out why yet - but maybe you guys know.

btw - I have a filed a PR that removes the hardcoded keymap for PVR in fullscreen mode so that users with TS capable backends can map stepForward/Back to left/right again. Also working on a MediaPortal style skip stepping (15,30,60,180,... secs)
(2012-11-05, 11:52)da-anda Wrote: by talking about timeshift - margro (or Red-F if you're reading this), will there be support for the skip steps from XBMC to seek within the timeshift buffer?

+1

(2012-11-05, 11:52)da-anda Wrote: btw - I have a filed a PR that removes the hardcoded keymap for PVR in fullscreen mode so that users with TS capable backends can map stepForward/Back to left/right again. Also working on a MediaPortal style skip stepping (15,30,60,180,... secs)

That would be fantastic if we could skip similar to MediaPortal, one feature I miss in XBMC.
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ForTheRecord EPG and Timeshifting Questions0