• 46(current)
[RELEASE] Finnish TV: YleAreena and Ruutu (Video) plugins
Cmore addon wont show playable livestreams. Folders are empty but works in cmore webpage and mobile app.
It works fine for me. Can you post debug log to Pastebin? Remember to remove your username and password from debug log.
Yle areena not work. It will list all programs but wont play anything. Here is full log: https://pastebin.com/sVeGJdzB
Got Katsomo working on a chinese Amlogic S905 Android box running LibreElec 8.2.1.1 from USB-stick.
- Installed the latest Github copy from Dis90.
- Logged in
- I could browse the videos but none started to play
- Installed Libwidewin with following commands from ssh (https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vid...stallation):
    - wget http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh
    - sh getwidevine.sh
- Reboot and videos play perfectly
Any idea if there's a fixed version of YLE Areena plugin?

Many times I try to start playing a video, I get a error, second time it starts to play just fine.
If I enable subtitles for all languages videos start to play fine, but subtitles are pretty annoying when they're not needed.
Is there an updated version of Ruutu or Katsomo plugins which I may have missed?
Hirsivaja's Yle Areena plugin works almost flawlessly on Kodi 18 alpha (Milhouse's #0114 build for Libreelec, RPi 3). When I said 'almost flawlessly', it's just the lack of content. Mainly news are missing, but that ain't a big deal for me, since the actual playback is smooth.
Now, with Kodi 18 for example Netflix can be ran natively, so is there hope again for updated Katsomo or Ruutu plugins?

Amergin's updated version of Ruutu plugin doesn't have any content in it. I have yet to try any Katsomo plugin.

EDIT: Dis90's Katsomo plugin seems to work, still looking for updated Ruutu plugin!
(2018-01-17, 04:50)roopeh Wrote: Hirsivaja's Yle Areena plugin works almost flawlessly on Kodi 18 alpha (Milhouse's #0114 build for Libreelec, RPi 3). When I said 'almost flawlessly', it's just the lack of content. Mainly news are missing, but that ain't a big deal for me, since the actual playback is smooth.
IIRC (could remember wrong) a lot of contrent is missing from Areena because of copyright/licensing issues. Trough the API, only content which is available abroad (?) is available.

That being said, the search function in the plugin is essentially useless as it returns seemingly totally unrelated search results.

Because of this, the plugin has seen very little use from me, as I can not seem to find the content I actually want to watch; either it is not available at all via the plugin, or if it is, I can not find it in the plethora of pages available trough browse (and search doesn't help / work at all).
KUDOS for the effort for Hirsivaja, though!
Hmm, could you give me an example? I haven't watched Areena that much.
(2018-01-17, 17:23)roopeh Wrote: Hmm, could you give me an example? I haven't watched Areena that much.
Hmm, actually it seems something has changed; mostly the search is working now.

Previously, I had some kids over here and could not search for "ryhmä hau" for example. Now I can (I just downloaded a fresh version of the plugin). Also "Doctor Who" works (it only returns one episode, the christmas special, which is the only one available currently for ~24h - previous time I tried it returned none of the episodes watchable at the time, but a bunch of non-related stuff).

But it is impossible to remember what I had tried to watch previously. I remember searching for some program that had to do with finnish literature trough the plugin. I still can not search programs listed here: https://areena.yle.fi/1-4253932

So, works adequately ATM, but previously I was definitely getting garbage, no matter what I tried.

The categories in the plugin also differ somewhat from what is available on the web based interface.
Hi,

I have like request for my wife about the Yle Areena add-on. If it's possible of course.
It is to offer the possibility to propose the TV programs not only by category but also by date of broadcasting.

On the website, it is proposed program by channels and date.
Per example, for last Saturday > https://areena.yle.fi/tv/opas?t=2018-02-03
It could be great.
Hi,

I'am newbie kodi user, so I'am very happy if someone could help me.
I bought Tanix tx9pro android tv box and it come with preinstalled kodi 17.04
The box was rooted so I cannot use katsomo app with it.
So I downloaded Dis90's katsomo plugin, then I enabled Inputstream.adaptive which was 2.0.10
and installed plugin from zip.
katsomo addon starts and I can login and browse programs.
when I start to watch, program starts to play, but only thing I can see is mesh of colors and some pixel in up part of screen.
no sound.
I tested other preinstalled video addons and those I can watch
So what I have to do to fix this?

Thanks for help
(2018-02-15, 13:57)akau Wrote: Hi,

I'am newbie kodi user, so I'am very happy if someone could help me.
I bought Tanix tx9pro android tv box and it come with preinstalled kodi 17.04
The box was rooted so I cannot use katsomo app with it.
So I downloaded Dis90's katsomo plugin, then I enabled Inputstream.adaptive which was 2.0.10
and installed plugin from zip.
katsomo addon starts and I can login and browse programs.
when I start to watch, program starts to play, but only thing I can see is mesh of colors and some pixel in up part of screen.
no sound.
I tested other preinstalled video addons and those I can watch
So what I have to do to fix this?

Thanks for help
 Try to install Kodi 18 nightly. If I don't remember wrong on android Kodi 18 is required for DRM playback.
Thank you, I try that.
After reading installation manual and how to uninstall old version and so on...Image
How about separate threads for the Katsomo and new YLE Areena plugin?
It's extremely confusing to try to search for installation files and instructions with so many messages in the thread and legacy information at the beginning.
(2018-02-16, 07:48)Faravid Wrote: How about separate threads for the Katsomo and new YLE Areena plugin?
It's extremely confusing to try to search for installation files and instructions with so many messages in the thread and legacy information at the beginning.
 Done. Thread for my Yle Areena plugin can be found from here
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Finnish TV: YleAreena and Ruutu (Video) plugins8