Req Frame Advance and Slow Motion
(2013-10-17, 00:20)fernandovg Wrote: I would like the "frame by frame" too and a slow motion (like FF but 0.75x 0.5x 0.25x for example)

Is it possible popcornmix?

Frame advance is supported on Pi. You press pause then right.
Bumping this thread.
I would also like to see these features on XBMC.
I think it is the only thing missing on the playback engine of XBMC to make it complete.
Ned mentioned that these features were present but devs removed it due to audio issues.
In my opinion, when using frame advance or slo-mo, you do not need audio. It can be disabled (I guess).
I used to have a Sigma-chipset based media player (Egreat M34) and it supported 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 slo-mo and frame advance, both with audio disabled [and the ability to zoom in any area of the video, either paused or during playback].
Extremely useful features, especially when you are looking up for movie or tv-show filming mistakes or when you are watching a recorded sport event.
Even my 14 years old Pioneer DV-444 DVD player had these features for crying out loud.
We are in 2014, some people request h265 support, 4k support, 3d has been implemented, yet some basic playback features are not supported. It is quite strange.
I do not mean to be judgemental with this message, all I am saying is that devs should re-consider checking some basic things before progessing with more complex ones.
Sigma-chipset based media player has special calls to implement those features.
Your Pioneer DV-444 DVD is playing mpeg2 which does not have the tricks of h264 that make single stepping very difficult. Google b-frames.

Again, what you might think is trivial to add, is actually quite difficult.
Thanks for your reply davilla.
I see what you are saying. As a developer, you have better knowledge and I couldn't argue.
I guess that we shouldn't expect those handy features soon and I have to stick to M34 for little extras for now.
Though it's nice to see the word difficult instead of impossible on your message.

I hope that a developer comes up with a solution for this and thus make the playback engine of XBMC complete.
Yeah complete ... its not complete until MVC playback is in ... and not until Hi10P is hw decoded. and not until pr0n can be watched on 4k dispalys.

I think you know what i want to say. It will NEVER be complete - and "complete" is something very subjective (and everytime i read that word in conjunction with XBMC i could puke into a bucket to be honest Wink ).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz, I think it is clear that we are talking here about basic playback functions.
These are: Play, Pause, Stop, Rewind, Forward, Fast Rewind, Fast Forward, Seek or GoTo, Slow Motion and Frame Advance.
In every single Bluray or Media Player device you will find these functions (the last 5 years at least).
This is what I meant by complete playback engine.
Fast Rewind, Fast Forward are also problematic items.

Bluray or Media Player devices only have to address one set of hardware and a select group of video formats. We have about a 1/2 dozen platforms and lots of formats. Hardly a simple comparison.
Davilla, I know, I was just explaining Memphiz what I meant 'cause he got it all wrong.
And I hope you did read my reply to your previous post.
(2014-03-14, 17:08)davilla Wrote: Bluray or Media Player devices only have to address one set of hardware and a select group of video formats. We have about a 1/2 dozen platforms and lots of formats.
Here is a suggestion, but I think you have already thought about it.
Why on Earth don't you release your own device?
You, the developers.
I mean, you created and released a t-shirt, how hard can it be? Tongue
Joking aside, no multiple platforms and you can select: the less problematic and flexible operating system, the best chipset, the best amound of RAM for XBMC to work flawlessly etc.
We are struggling between operating systems and manufacturers.
I think it would be the move of the decade.
You still have to write xbmc for all the other hardware.

And standatd hardware still doesn't solve the problem of multiple video formats.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just as different users have different hardware preferences/needs, Team XBMC members have different hardware preferences.
(2014-03-14, 02:06)davilla Wrote: Sigma-chipset based media player has special calls to implement those features.
Your Pioneer DV-444 DVD is playing mpeg2 which does not have the tricks of h264 that make single stepping very difficult. Google b-frames.

Again, what you might think is trivial to add, is actually quite difficult.

davilla - thanks for the feedback. I always thought it was just due to a lack of interest. With the difficulty and the large number of supported platforms I can see how this is probably something that may take a long time to come to fruition, if ever.
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Google brought me here. Has there been any progress on this? Does anyone still have interest in implementing?
Same... I'd love to see to slow-mo reimplemented... for any action, be it movie, fights, dance, etc.
+1 - Hopes: maybe with the new video core for Krypton this because a possibility again...
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
I am also very much interested in that, maybe with the new videoplayer code (for Krypton+) it might make it in? Especially the slow-mo mode would be quite awesome, I use it for academic purposes Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame Advance and Slow Motion3