[RELEASE] JazzRadio.com XBMC addon (Updated 24th August 2014 : V3.0.1)
Music 
I've just updated the codebase of the Jazzradio.com plugin, to that of the Sky.fm an Di.fm plugins and bumped the version number to 3.0.0 to keep them within the same version "range".
If all goes according to plan, the updated plugin should be available to both Frodo and Gotham users soon.

JazzRadio.coms own description:
Presenting jazz radio channels for your enjoyment. Listen for free and enjoy countless hours of the best jazz music around.

24. August 2014 v3.0.1
* Fixed url for channel asset/graphics

29. June 2014 v3.0.0
+ Rebased on same code as the DI.fm and Sky.fm plugins - thus the severe version bump
+ Threading of playlists parsing to speed up first run and refreshing of playlists - 8 threads
* Now fully support the new jazzradio.com design
* Change it so expiration of cache is calculate in days not minutes - default is 7 days
- Check-in with stats are gone for now

22 December 2012 v1.1.1
* Made 256k quality selectable from config (duh!)
* 256k is now default quality for Premium members

8 December 2012 v1.1.0
+ Added a 4th stream quality option for Premium members: 256k/sec MP3
+ Now using the config.ini file to hopefully streamline the process of updating the di.fm/sky.fm/jazzradio.com plugins
* Fixed it so UTF8 chars is handled correctly in channelnames
* Fixed a "miscalculation" that made it so when using favorites, the playlist being activated when clicking the channelname,
was actually the one belonging to the next channelname, etc.

26 Oct 2012 v1.0.0
+ Initial release
+ Premium and premium favorites support
+ Automatic download of new channel art for new channels

hi... it worked brilliantly for a minute and then on reboot script is failing... and same again when uninstall/reinstalling...
shoudl I send a log?

otherwise a killer plug in!
TOm
tOM_XB: I've PMed you my contact info - let's see if we can sort this out Smile
Gr8 news, but in default install with defoult english XBMC appearance it is OK, after changing that your plugin shows an error with ASCII and unicode Sad

here is pastebin

Code:
http://pastebin.com/zn5bSEmc

I tried to change that back but it does not help.
Baryho: What exactly did you change? The language file?
If so, could you please put you language file on pastebin?
Hi, the only thing I did was change some of these menus:

Code:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/4/49/Settings.appearance.international.jpg

It was Language (into Czech), Region, Timezonecountry and Timezone.

First run it was fresh XBMC install + only your plugin (so everything in english)...there was no problem. After that I changed International into Czech and tried to rerun jazz radio (so it was a 2nd start without any restart of XBMC) without succes with infos you have abovein pastebin. I looked into a log file and see some unicode problem or some cache problem? I do not know Sad I tried to change appearance back into english (I am not sure if it was done like on the screen, I mean british UK and so on..) but without any success.
I'm guessing the problem is that the Czech characters (like ý, ě, ň, š and ů) aren't decoded properly.
Would you put the translated file on pastebin?
(2012-11-16, 20:20)tOM_XB Wrote: hi... it worked brilliantly for a minute and then on reboot script is failing... and same again when uninstall/reinstalling...
shoudl I send a log?

otherwise a killer plug in!
TOm

Tom: I looked at the video you sent you and your right, it does flicker Wink

I've tried on three different machines, but I cannot reproduce the error myself, so I'm gonna play the blamegame and throw some possible causes out there:
1. The "now playing" data attached to the stream from the server, was weird and switched every ½ second or so.
2. Your using OpenELEC or similar and in my experience the GUI/skins does not behave as the normal XBMC (i.e. it does not show the progress when adding streams to the GUI, not showing "Retrieved X items")
3. It's a very weird bug in the skin your using - I could not see if your using Confluence or not from the video you sent as it was overexposed/washed out)
4. My fault Wink
(2012-11-20, 11:39)bitcrusher01 Wrote: I'm guessing the problem is that the Czech characters (like ý, ě, ň, š and ů) aren't decoded properly.
Would you put the translated file on pastebin?

I am not sure why your plugin looking for czech chars (jazz radio is all in english) but full UTF8 support would be great (not only czech people would appreciated it Smile The other thing is I am not in my computer, but here:
Code:
http://gitorious.org/xbmc/xbmc/trees/master/language/Czech
and here for confluence
Code:
http://gitorious.org/xbmc/xbmc/trees/master/addons/skin.confluence/language/Czech
are czech strings I guess. How much actual I do not know, but in master branch of Frodo XBMC it should be finded. Github has it.

BTW: if you think that problem is in czech characters how is it possible that after returning an english language appearance problem is still here? Is it somehow cached? Maybe it could be another error, but you can test it by yourself. Changing appearance is not so difficult Smile

I found this, it could be usefull (especially the links there):
Code:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6327494/what-is-the-following-unicode-string-xe9

This plugin is not working any more for me (on Eden), just like the sky.fm plugin. What a shame...

@bitcrusher1: Could you please take a look what happened? Did they change anything on their side?

Thanks & kind regards,
cicero22
(2012-12-07, 10:56)cicero22 Wrote: This plugin is not working any more for me (on Eden), just like the sky.fm plugin. What a shame...

@bitcrusher1: Could you please take a look what happened? Did they change anything on their side?

Thanks & kind regards,
cicero22

It's working fine for me on Eden... I just tried about a dozen stations and they all worked. Are you sure you're not confusing the "Jazz FM" add-on with this one, which is "JazzRadio.com"?
The plugin, along with the DI.fm and Sky.fm addons, has been updated and should fix the trouble people has been having.
I've submitted a pull request to the XBMC addon mods, so the plugin should auto-update sunday or monday.
Just pushed version 1.1.1 with 256k support - for realsies this time!
@bitcrusher01

Thanks for the nice addons:

Sky.fm
JazzRadio.com
Digitally Imported

i have she adapted and fix that she working on xbmc4xox to and addet to the xmc4xbox repro!
She works very nice but i have a problem the default music player on xbmc4xox is paplayer the streams works ut a liitle bit later the stream break!
With DVDPlayer works without a Problem!
My Question give it a solution to give isplayable a Different XmcPlayer (Core) on a addon self!

thanks for your nice addons!

Regards Jan

skatulskijean
(2012-12-22, 09:32)jeanwilly Wrote: @bitcrusher01

Thanks for the nice addons:

Sky.fm
JazzRadio.com
Digitally Imported

i have she adapted and fix that she working on xbmc4xox to and addet to the xmc4xbox repro!
She works very nice but i have a problem the default music player on xbmc4xox is paplayer the streams works but a liitle bit later the stream break!
With DVDPlayer works without a Problem!
My Question give it a solution to give isplayable a Different XmcPlayer (Core) on a addon self!

thanks for your nice addons!

Regards Jan

skatulskijean

@jeanwilly: Am I to understand that you have "ported" it to xbmc4xbox successfully? If so; awesome Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] JazzRadio.com XBMC addon (Updated 24th August 2014 : V3.0.1)0