How to start with "Video", "Files"?
How can I automatically show a special folder in "Videos" after starting xbmc? E.g. after starting xbmc I want to see the folder "Movies" I store my avi files etc. in to start such a file directly.

And is it possible to start the last seen video automatically when starting xbmc?
I asked the same question a while back and despite a number of views, I had no replies. I am guessing it's not possible at the moment, but a definitive answer would be appreciated.
You can go into settings and under appearance change the startup window to videos. That will take you to the videos section when you first start XBMC.
Thanks gabbott,

Yes, I did before. And one click faster or so would be to go to the file manager I assume.

And thank you Tomkun.

May be there is another way for you: just associate the extension(s) of your videos (or whatever) with xbmc, after that you can double click such a file (some where else than in xbmc unfortunately) and it should be opened in be running in xbmc.

I hope that does work, I didn't test in detail.

Many thanks again.

Changing the startup window was not exactly what I had in mind; I would like to be able to start XBMC in whatever library I would like - I'd guess that a command line option would be the best bet.

If for example I want to watch a movie, I can click 'movie' on my remote and then that would start XBMC in the movie library; same for TV shows and music. However, I don't think this is possible at the moment.
(2012-11-09, 04:26)Tomkun Wrote: Changing the startup window was not exactly what I had in mind; I would like to be able to start XBMC in whatever library I would like - I'd guess that a command line option would be the best bet.

If for example I want to watch a movie, I can click 'movie' on my remote and then that would start XBMC in the movie library; same for TV shows and music. However, I don't think this is possible at the moment.

How is this any different from XBMC being open and then pressing "movie" on your remote? If it's not a dedicated XBMC box then you're probably doing some kind of extra steps anyways to go between PC and TV. If it is a dedicated box then you just press the button.

EDIT: well, whatever your reasons might be, I might have a solution for you in your feature request thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144805

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to start with "Video", "Files"?0