Alpha And Nightly Build Missing Artwork
i have tried alpha 6 alpha 7 and nightly builds from 5th november and 7th november and i cannot get my posters and some fanart as well as season posters to display

i have all this artwork saved in the individual show folders on my network shares and they are not being displayed the only way i can get any artwork listed above to display is if i manually refresh each show so i will grab it from the internet again which as i have 237 show would take a while but is besides the point as to why it is not detecting the artwork already sitting in the same folders as the shows

they are named correctly and were placed there by using the export library option before i upgraded from eden they are named like

poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
season-1 poster.jpg

the weird thing is some shows were detected and some shows not but even the shows that detected the poster still did not detect the season posters i have tried using the refresh i tried scanning through with artwork downloader thinking just to download them all again but it does not work this way either only by manually going to each show bringing up the tv show information window and pressing refresh and refresh from internet

i am using the tvdb addon integrated into xbmc by default also using a mysql sync setup

here is a screenshot showing you some shows are being detect albeit only the one poster not the season posters but most shows are not being detected

* un1versal points to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144628

uNi
(2012-11-07, 14:00)uNiversal Wrote: * uNiversal points to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144628

uNi

i read through that it does not provide and sort of solution i tried the one post where some had a different naming of their poster but it did not make a difference and still does not explain how some shows are detected automatically and some are not seeing as they all have poster.jpg as the name of the poster in their folders

If your using path substitution it may explain as danz0l posted a link to some related issue.

Sorry Im not a expert at this, just thought you could get some info off that post like e.g. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132172 and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129254 which is linked inside the previous.

in any case I had a similar problem a while back it was resolved by bugfix and a library update to latest version.

uNi
season01-fanart.jpg
season01-poster.jpg
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-07, 14:35)uNiversal Wrote: If your using path substitution it may explain as danz0l posted a link to some related issue.

Sorry Im not a expert at this, just thought you could get some info off that post like e.g. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132172 and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129254 which is linked inside the previous.

in any case I had a similar problem a while back it was resolved by bugfix and a library update to latest version.

uNi

thanks i do appreciate the info i am sorry if it did not come off this way from my last post as you know a bit hard to convey tone in text unfortunately removing a path substitution would not help as i removed them and recreated the advancedsettings.xml file when i upgraded everything else works like resume and watched status fanart is displayed on all the shows even the ones without posters it is just those posters that wont display

UPDATE:

I tested a few different things to try and get it working i grabbed a show that was having this issue and then removed it from the library then ran clean library to remove all traces of it

next i grabbed posters from 3 other shows so i could easily tell which one would work and named them one of the following

poster.jpg
season01-poster.jpg
season-all.jpg

then i ran a scanning for new content on that tv show drive share and it detected the show as normal except it seem to ignore all three of these shows and grab a poster from the internet through the tvdb scraper so it is not detecting either of these three names as the poster file for the show it also ignored the season-01 and season-all jpegs for the season posters as well opting to once again grab from the internet

so it appears that it is not checking the show folder before scraping from the internet to maintain compatibility i also tried scraping a couple shows in from the internet then exporting the library thinking xbmc will name it correctly to be detected but got the same result when tried removing and re-adding a show completely ignored already downloaded artwork in show folders and grabbed again from the internet
Remove the textures.db and perhaps the Thumbnails folder and refresh info for all sources.

also what Martijn said ^^

uNi
(2012-11-07, 15:04)uNiversal Wrote: Remove the textures.db and perhaps the Thumbnails folder and refresh info for all sources.

also what Martijn said ^^

uNi

thanks this appeared to work it gave me my shows main posters some shows have season posters still missing hopefully these will appear when it finishes syncing and copying thumbs to machine

yey +1

uNi
(2012-11-07, 15:30)uNiversal Wrote: yey +1

uNi

it never gave me my season posters but at least i have the main poster
(2012-11-07, 20:29)protocol77 Wrote:

uNi

Try with default skin first.
Perhaps skin you use doesn't support Frodo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The Debug Log would have told you what the problem was - it was unable to load the textures from the cache as they weren't present on the disk but were present in the textures database.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-07, 20:29)protocol77 Wrote:

uNi

You will only get season posters in Library mode, in file mode you get no season art whatsoever in any views.

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alpha And Nightly Build Missing Artwork0