Force identicle TV series different quality to appear?
For example I have a SD Copy of a TV series and HD copy of TV series, I would like both top appear under my TV section. At the moment only the SD one appears, even when I go to the HD version under files and force it to scrap, it gets the data but it dosnt appear under the TV tab.

Another issue is forcing items that are not technically tv series but I would like them to appear there, such as instructional series. At most I would like to add cover pic for it or even default is fine.
Simple way was to put both in the same folder.

Unfortunately it will only scan first 4 episodes of the HD versions. I rescanned, removed and added back the folder a dozen times, renamed the files, tried using a nfo for it scrap from. Frustrating.

Edit

Actually putting them same folder dosnt work, all it does is rename them, 'making off, 'extras'.

I wish I could just manually tell it I want it to appear under 'TV' and use this cover etc, instead of being forced to use scrappers that are not 100%.
If they don't appear correctly as episodes then the episodes aren't named appropriately. As the Debug Log will tell you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-08, 00:14)jmarshall Wrote: If they don't appear correctly as episodes then the episodes aren't named appropriately. As the debug log will tell you.

Thank you that was very helpful, it nutted out a few of the ones being troublesome. Made more progress, needed to rename main nfo to name of tvshow.nfo.

The process is extremely tedious;
1- creating a nfo for the series
2 - an individual nfo for EVERY episode
3 - have a episode numbering convention

Scrapper are great for 99% of stuff but for those that are not scrap-able, custom tv series, one off docos, instructional dvd series, etc, it extremely manual and long winded to simply add something to a library.

I really dont understand why this process is not automated, surely it should be no harder than adding videos to the files section? The folder becomes series names and episode names from the files?
Out of interest, what are the TV shows that are not scrapping? What scrapper are you using?
Been using TVDB and Epguides as scrappers.

Ape That Took Over The World - Doco
Story Of Human Evolution - Doco
Secrets of Chute Boxe - Instructional dvd series
Plinkett Reviews - Online movie reviews series
(Off the top of my head, there are some other docos and such)

Also have a very large collection on MMA, it is pretty well organised collection, structured nicely with folders, naming conventions, etc.
that I would like to display but just a massive amount of work to get them in libraries with xbmc. No way I can manually rename all of it to suit xbmc tv naming convention and create nfo for every file, it would take me months and scrappers dont handle such a collection well if at all.

I dont think it should be this hard to get custom tv series, etc added to a library. At least an option to bypass scrapper, add folder name as series and files as episodes?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force identicle TV series different quality to appear?1