xbmc with second display as xbmc controller only
Hi all,

Newbie here to the forum and xbmc.

I am currently planning my MC and looking at using xbmc. As we entertain a fair bit, our current setup has 2 tvs in different areas where we can play music & dvds accross both screens at the same time through a receiver. What I would like to do is introduce a touchscreen monitor setup at the bar where I can use it as a jukebox style setup where guests and I can build music and videoclip playlists without interupting playback on the 2 tvs. The cofiguration will mostly be used as a Jukebox so I don't require TV recording, but Youtube Streaming would be adventageous.

What I would like to know is if this configuration is possible with xbmc and also how? I have limited experience with xbmc and linux but can usually work my way through most things. I have searched but cannot find any info on this type of setup, unless I am using wrong terminology for parameters....

As for PC hardware I have enough spare equipment to build the MC as well as the touchscreen. The MC will be located in different room to the TVs & Monitor. I am mostly setup for analogue & don't necessarily need the requirement for HD quality video signal. If I could do it with a RaspberryPi or 2 that would be awesome though.

Also another thing I would like to do is also be able to control the receiver (Pioneer VSX-1020) through the touchscreen, which I can currently control though my Android phone via iControl. I will be using xbmc control via the smartphone as well. I have mates who insist on turning the volume up to full at midnight so I want to contol that aspect too.

Hopefully I am not too vague with description of what I would like to achieve.

Cheers

Sully
Why not consider a tablet as the touch screen device. I use an android tablet to control my MC, but it is more a wireless keyboard and mouse substitution. But XBMC remote is a nice app that would allow you to have a control for the jukebox feature. There might be a way to do it within xbmc, I have seen options for multiple monitors in the settings, but have never tried it since I only connect it to a television. Also, try xbmc remote on your android phone, it is the same as it would be on a tablet. You can test it out before getting a tablet. Hope that helps.

XBMC remote app link here.
http://xbmc.org/freezy3k/2010/07/13/offi...r-android/
Thanks for the reply Diggs. I have an Android tablet and have considered it. But the reason I want to go down this path with the touchscreen is I do not want inebriated guests (or myself inebriated for that matter) using the tablet due to the possibility & likelyhood of accidental breakage. The touchscreen will be wall mounted and as it is supposedly "vandal proof" it maybe a bit tougher and handle drunken fingers tapping on it. I have already installed xbmc remote on my android phone.

Cheers
(2012-11-08, 05:31)Sully75 Wrote: Thanks for the reply Diggs. I have an Android tablet and have considered it. But the reason I want to go down this path with the touchscreen is I do not want inebriated guests (or myself inebriated for that matter) using the tablet due to the possibility & likelyhood of accidental breakage. The touchscreen will be wall mounted and as it is supposedly "vandal proof" it maybe a bit tougher and handle drunken fingers tapping on it. I have already installed xbmc remote on my android phone.

Cheers

XBMC on screen 1 and web browser on screen 2 running XBMC web interface? I know what you want as I used to do something similar a few years ago using MainLobby. Did you look in the Supplemental Tools forum here. There have been several project for touchscreen interfaces.

Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc with second display as xbmc controller only 0