Nice product, but I can't use it; no WMA Lossless support
Issue: WMA Lossless is not supported.

This has probably been addressed already, but since you didn't provide a 'supported audio formats' page anywhere that I could see and I wasted time installing and debugging, I am hoping that someone will address this limitation; after all, it's not just about me and this stupid format, this affects all Ford Sync users.

I prefer to listen to music losslessly and although this software supports my preferred format (FLAC), it does not support the only compressed lossless format supported by Ford Sync Touch (WMA Lossless). Like selling ones soul to the devil (Microsoft), I had to convert all my music to WMA Lossless so the same lossless tracks could be played in my car, home, and on my wireless devices. Your product looks great and has App support (outstanding), but without WMA Lossless support, I can't use it.

I'm not sure how you are decompressing WMA Pro or WMA (lossy) under the hood, but I know for a fact that ffmpeg supports WMA Lossess conversion -- it is used by Subsonc to transcode my music for internet streaming.

Any plans of adding support for WMA Lossless, or to add command line support for this sub-optimal file format?

Thanks.
The reverse engineering of WMA Lossless and its inclusion in ffmpeg was somewhat recent, so it wasn't included the last time we updated our ffmpeg core earlier this year. For XBMC, updating the internal ffmpeg is a fairly big deal that takes time to update and test, so XBMC normally isn't on the bleeding edge of ffmpeg. We're on "feature freeze" for our next version of XBMC, v12 (Frodo), so it won't be added for that version, but likely the next version, v13.

However, XBMC for Linux can use an external ffmpeg library, so it should be possible to set it up that way. It's not something I've done before, so unfortunately I don't have any advice or instructions on how to do it, but perhaps someone else reading this will.
Ah, so you are using ffmpeg, so eventually it will be added. Is there a road map for v13? Perhaps I download the source and roll my own... bad idea?

In the meantime, I'm not going to convert my HTPC to a Linux box just so I can use your software; I use this same system for BlueRay playback so unless you support encrypted BlueRay playback...

Thanks again.
you can roll your own dlls for windows if you know what you are doing..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nice product, but I can't use it; no WMA Lossless support0