Mass creation of thumbnails and nfo.
I have a bunch of videos I know don't have any nfo's already made for them etc.

I would like to have a template of sorts and then perhaps I select which files I want nfo's made for it does it. Basically so it creates that template on all of those files and names it correctly.

I'd also like a way to generate thumbnails of those videos very quickly, maybe at a particular minute marker I want. Anyway to do this?

I also have a few mp4 and avi files that ar like part1 and part2. Is there an easy way to merge them that doesn't require me to pay for a tool.
Hello

Yes on both counts

For nfos and data scrapping try embermediamanager

For merging avi's/mp4's try virtualdub and how-to here or avidemux and how-to here

Enjoy

uNi

ember media manager is for media which already has metadata existing. It wont work with things that don't. E.g. home video.
Nothing works for home-videos... Nothing! At best you will get a thumb. There is no online database to scrape for videos of your dog or cat, or wedding! lol

I think the ember has changed to http://ember.purplepig.net/ it should use tvdb and tmdb scrapers

It would work fine for movies and tv-shows.
What I basically want is a program I can just input a template of NFO I want and it mass creates the nfo files based on the files in there...

e.g.
Inside folder before anything happens:

video1.mkv
video2.mkv
video3.mkv

Hit the button after selecting the template

Inside folder after button is clicked:
video1.mkv
video1.nfo
video2.mkv
video2.nfo
video3.mkv
video3.nfo

I have so many videos I want to add I just don't want to manually do it.
Again nothing works for home videos,

For all other movies and tv shows they need to be named accordingly and xbmc should scrape all the art/fanart for them, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...ia_sources and http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows

I dont have anymore suggestions for nfo's

sorry

uNi
If you use ember to create a normal nfo for a movie then you can see the layout as its used by xbmc this should give you a template to use (after blanking the movie information out)
or you could manually scrape your video then type a movie title into ember and edit the info directly in ember itself (the better way IMO as you will get the correct codec and aspect ratio and type of file for your videos)
If you have soooooo many videos just create the first nfo then copy it editing the title in the nfo and path in the nfo and the filename.
Im not sure how to use a template nfo to easy use just for videos without some work but these are some options to start with. (until someone comes up with a batch workaround)
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
I basically just didn't want to copy paste and rename a lot of files. Thanks anyway I guess
Here is is another post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136817

It mentions ember from purplepig again and some others...

At least you have your avi/mp4 movie mergers that you can use.

good luck

uNi

I use MediaMonkey, though not for this specific application. You can tag the video in MM and also MM will take an auto-thumbnail or you can play the media and capture a frame to thumbnail. I had to hack an addon vbs script that was written to provide text or html reports from the MM database into the nfo format (I don't know any vbs so it took some experimenting over a couple days). I do this for music video but the concept would also work for videos using the movie (I suppose) template. I am mostly using mp4 and mkv containers with a few wmv and avi.

On the other issue I have some luck with avidemux but pretty much now I use mkv and mkv toolnix which slice/dice/append etc very well.

scott s.
Latest Media Companion http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/96839, now supports Home Movies, ie: have a folder with
videos1.mkv
home bbq.avi
xmas 2011.m2ts

As point MC at the folder. Then you can customize a nfo for each movie, including create a thumbnail

Hope this helps.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Cant make MC to locate my homemovies (mts files)
(2012-11-08, 11:45)pisoj1 Wrote: What I basically want is a program I can just input a template of NFO I want and it mass creates the nfo files based on the files in there...

e.g.
Inside folder before anything happens:

video1.mkv
video2.mkv
video3.mkv

Hit the button after selecting the template

Inside folder after button is clicked:
video1.mkv
video1.nfo
video2.mkv
video2.nfo
video3.mkv
video3.nfo

I have so many videos I want to add I just don't want to manually do it.

I have a script I wrote that will generate tvshow nfo or movie nfo files in the correct format in the correct place, but you need to specify the plot, year, title and running time

If you default all but title, you will get an nfo that is completely blank, but will display the title and your thumbs can be put in it (there is a <thumb> keyword that points to the thumb location

You want it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mass creation of thumbnails and nfo.0