• 3(current)
Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters?
Any news? This seems like a feature that lots of people would want...
I haven't had any luck on it, but I'm not very good with C++ so don't hold your breath on me...if anyone else is able to do this feel free.
Does anyone know if anything happened on this?
no, nothings been done for this, but it is something on my personal todo list. im curious if people use the "edit title" and for what? do you use it to correct movie titles? if so, thats the wrong way to do it. you should use video info -> refresh -> manual movie title entry. or is it used to customize the title for things like this?

if its to correct sorting "anomalies", the plan would be to add a new table to the database that links against the movie-id. this table would contain the custom sort title. it would never be displayed, only used for sorting decisions.

would something like this remove the need for the "edit title" function? the video library context menu is getting really large.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
no. edit title is for when you think the original formatting sucks arse, e.g. sequels numbered using roman numbers but you want to use "normal" ones. do not remove, it is highly usable
Perhaps move it in to the new "video info that can edit bloody everything dialog"? I'll start discussing this with Jezz_X as it fits in quite nicely with the in-place edit control stuff.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

spiff, that's what i've used it for, but i was curious what the general user populace was using it for. it's definately time for a nice editor dialog. the custom sort-only title would just be another field that can be edited.

On a related note, I've been considering changing the "Ignore The" sorting code. I find it a little awkward to see titles with "The" randomly in the listing. I was considering having the code that populates the items with the query results to change the label into this format: "Foo, The". this would mean we dont need any special sorting algorithms.

And Video Files view adheres to the "Ignore The" setting, but Music doesn't. This should be consistent.
Sure, that's an option that I wouldn't be adverse to. What do others think?

Oh, and I'd ignore it in filesview and just sort plain.

Cool!

Thanks guys, maybe Æon Flux will actually appear at the beginning of the list and not the end when it has a sort title of Aeon Flux ;-)
kraqh3d Wrote:spiff, that's what i've used it for, but i was curious what the general user populace was using it for. it's definately time for a nice editor dialog. the custom sort-only title would just be another field that can be edited.

On a related note, I've been considering changing the "Ignore The" sorting code. I find it a little awkward to see titles with "The" randomly in the listing. I was considering having the code that populates the items with the query results to change the label into this format: "Foo, The". this would mean we dont need any special sorting algorithms.

And Video Files view adheres to the "Ignore The" setting, but Music doesn't. This should be consistent.

I'm all for the ', The' option. I personally create my .NFO files from my DVD Profiler XML export using a C# app I've put together so I already have access to the sort title from there. Will there be a new .NFO file node to store this when we get to it? Any idea on timings?
I have some movie sagas like Star Wars or LOTR and some Multi-Disk movies like King Kong or Grindhouse that I would prefer were in a separate folder like TV Episodes.

But I can't seem to figure out how to encapsulate these movies so they show up as one entry that I can select and to show the other movies.

Any ideas on how best to do this?

-Ethan

XBMC 11: EDEN | XBMC | HDDVD+Blu-Ray ISO playback & Blu-ray player
PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)
I don't think that's possible currently. The only way I can see you doing it is to make a Genre for them i.e. Genre = LOTR Trilogy. The when you browse be genre's, you'll see that and be able to click and see all your LOTR movies. But you won't be able to have them grouped under one node, and listed with all of your movies.
I may put in feature request for a grouping movies be it by folder or XML definition.

PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)
In fact I could see this being useful for transcribing DVDs into a more compressed format but keeping the extra feature videos linked to the video.

I currently keep all of DVDs as ISOs since it's easiest way to keep the extra features intact.

ethanmcdonald Wrote:I may put in feature request for a grouping movies be it by folder or XML definition.
Please submit a new ticket on trac as a feature request:
http://trac.xbmc.org
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=What_is_XBMC...to_XBMC.3F

It would probably have to be XML formated NFO files as that is what XBMC uses for other movie database features:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp..._nfo_Files
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=NFO Nod
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets Collection Grouping for Video Database Library Custom Sort Order Filters?3