Add music video's issue
Ok so I have a few music video DVD's that I want to rip and add into XBMC. I did rip them except XBMC wont recognize and add them.
Any thoughts as to why or what I need to do to the file names?
The source has to have an appropriate scraper set on the content and the information has to be on a online database, othewise you can only add posters and fanart manually.

uNi
so if it can't find the music video info in the database then it wont add it?
Correct.

To answer your question if those the databases those music video scrapers use doesn't have the information, nothing will get downloaded. Simple!

That's not a huge problem in tv shows and movies because you can open an account in the respective sites and add the information, so everyone including yourself can benefit from... (Ive done that for some movies and tv shows myself.
However I have no idea if you can do that in music video databases, as I have zero experience with them.

Any content that xbmc scrapes and for example wise lets assume that the files are named properly.

For music videos IIRC the scraper is yahoo music videos and there's another 2 scrapers you can find info on those here

uNi
I found it best to create my own nfos for music video content type. I use music tagging software to get the metadata.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add music video's issue0